California - Northern

Sorry mice have been a problem. Bait hasn't been working well.
Got the Victor Electronic zapper. Not even set an hour, no exaggeration, one dead mouse!
I'm asking for 2 more for Christmas stocking stuffers!!
I was so excited I showed my DH and son (the son was a little grossed out)

Sorry mice have been a problem. Bait hasn't been working well.
Got the Victor Electronic zapper. Not even set an hour, no exaggeration, one dead mouse!
I'm asking for 2 more for Christmas stocking stuffers!!
I was so excited I showed my DH and son (the son was a little grossed out)

I was always curious about those zappers. I use lockable bait boxes with bait chunx. I change it up every so often so rats don't become accustomed to the same scent and flavor. It works well out in my barn. If you zap enough of them in a month, I'd certainly consider getting a zapper.

Hi guys. Sorry I haven't been keeping up here lately....life has happened. You know how it goes. I've got a lot going on.

Necropsy for two chicks showed that they had cocci. Not a severe case, a mild to moderate case. There are two chicks remaining that are doing fine, but I am assuming they should be treated before being rehomed(they're roos)....How do I treat them, with what, and after they've been treated they're safe to rehome, right?
TIA!!

Too funny. The sun finally came out this afternoon and i watched my flock kick over like dominoes to take in the rays.
so sweet!

I was always curious about those zappers. I use lockable bait boxes with bait chunx. I change it up every so often so rats don't become accustomed to the same scent and flavor. It works well out in my barn. If you zap enough of them in a month, I'd certainly consider getting a zapper.
I'll keep updating here. Last night I caught 3 mice in a little over 2 hours.
Moved it to a different coop but nothing in there this AM.
They drag little pieces of the bait and I wonder the possibility of them dropping some in the coop.
I've seen some by the entrance of the bait boxes.
Plus ca changed the sales of bait due to raptors dying from eating mice that have consumed it.
So it seems the chickens would be at risk too.
So I'm not opposed to bait, but with birds and pets, I'm hoping this is the best option.
But whatever it takes. Mice are not good and they seem to enjoy my place :)

Last edited:
Hi guys. Sorry I haven't been keeping up here lately....life has happened. You know how it goes. I've got a lot going on.

Necropsy for two chicks showed that they had cocci. Not a severe case, a mild to moderate case. There are two chicks remaining that are doing fine, but I am assuming they should be treated before being rehomed(they're roos)....How do I treat them, with what, and after they've been treated they're safe to rehome, right?
TIA!!

Treat them with Corid. (it goes in their water) I would definitely treat them before rehoming them - if they too get overloaded, they could die as well. They are fine to rehome. Coccidiosis is a protozoa from the soil, not a disease. Their little bodies have to build up immunity to it. When they don't and get overloaded, they can die quickly.

Thank you! What is the dosage?

Back
Top Bottom