California - Northern

Hi Deann,

nice rabbit! Sorry she suffered an attack.
Always another predator…I remember your fox story…do you still have that beautiful Bantam Barred Rock Rooster? I can easily recall how pretty he is. And how did you get that mix of chickens to get along? I have yet to accomplish a peaceful mix of many roosters and hens.

Happily my CL breeding program is in a growth stage. I have several barns and some good paint, and some breeding pairs with both. Soon I will be able to focus on the finer points of crest and comb and even shiny eggshells. Thanks for asking =)

I also saw your cow post "recently" (probably 20 pages ago at the rate this thread moves along). It made me think of the beautiful rolling hills at your place =)
Happy to hear your CL program is in the growth stage. Must feel good to be at the point of being able to focus on the finer points. I know how much work it take sto get to that point.

Sadly, my mom's dog got into my "pet" flock's pen" and killed 17 chickens including Buddy, my bantam barred rock rooster. I have not posted anything about the attack until now because it has been too hard to talk about. Even now, I am shaking.

I heard the screams and ran to the coop to find a sea of dead (17) and injured (5) chickens The dog was still in the pen and ran up to me with a huge proud grin on her face as if saying, "look what I did".

It took all my willpower not to kill the dog. Frankly, I think I was in too much shock to do much. Sadly I lost Buddy and his two Barred Rock girlfriends plus several other birds that were dear to me.

Happy to hear your CL program is in the growth stage. Must feel good to be at the point of being able to focus on the finer points. I know how much work it take sto get to that point.

Sadly, my mom's dog got into my "pet" flock's pen" and killed 17 chickens including Buddy, my bantam barred rock rooster. I have not posted anything about the attack until now because it has been too hard to talk about. Even now, I am shaking.

I heard the screams and ran to the coop to find a sea of dead (17) and injured (5) chickens The dog was still in the pen and ran up to me with a huge proud grin on her face as if saying, "look what I did".

It took all my willpower not to kill the dog. Frankly, I think I was in too much shock to do much. Sadly I lost Buddy and his two Barred Rock girlfriends plus several other birds that were dear to me.

I'm so sorry to bring up such a sad event. Sending you a pm.

hugs.gif
That is so sad!

I am sorry you lost some of your special chickens.

But WE love you @chiqita! Sorry, but I actually had the opposite chicken-talking day. I had the same conversation regarding not being able to sex silkies at hatch. Fortunately the gal I was yacking with was willing to research a little more. I also had a great visit with our UPS man - he & his wife are our next addicts-in-training (and he knows about the silkie thing & bought adults). Lol. @PetRock he is very interested in our Pita Pinta project. He wants a dual purpose LF & his wife wants a pretty/friendly breed. I introduced him to the pretties.. ;)

:thumbsup  You just keep being a Downer! My philosophy: If you don't want an honest answer; don't ask me the question! and unfortunatly Ron is right; some people don't want to learn; they just want sympathy or validation:smack

What are you showing? If the opportunity arises; I'd love to put a face to all the wonderful info you share.
I will be showing bantam Cornish, Ko Shamo's OEGB Sumatras. New Hampshire large fowl. Water fowl. ...Runners, east Indies White Call, Mallards and an Egyptian goose. ..and probably something I forgot.

Walt

Last edited:
Such sad news about Buddy, you are in my thoughts.
I still have moments looking for my special sweeties when I go into the pens.
I lost my greyhound months ago and still find myself going through the routine.

[quote name="juststruttin" url="/t/25/california.

Sadly,   my mom's dog got into my "pet" flock's pen" and killed 17 chickens including Buddy, my bantam barred rock rooster.   I have not posted anything about the attack until now because it has been too hard to talk about.  Even now, I am shaking.  

I heard the screams and ran to the coop to find a sea of dead  (17) and injured (5) chickens   The dog was still in the pen and ran up to me with a huge proud grin on her face as if saying,  "look what I did".

It took all my willpower not to kill the dog.  Frankly,  I think I was in too much shock to do much.  Sadly I lost Buddy and his two Barred Rock girlfriends plus several other birds that were dear to me.    
[/quote]

Dear Deann, I am very sorry about your terrible loss of chickens. I know how much you love and care for your birds. You always used to talk about your little Buddy. My heart goes out to you.

Lual

I would plug it in. My mini has higher humidity than the larger octagon or bator. Right now it's completely empty and at 35-39%
Looks yucky.

It was!

omg - seriously?!? - there such a thing?
Very accurate descriptive name. Bleh.
I was freaked it would be hazardous to my pets but apparently not.

And....I have a MUSCOVY HEN SITTING !!
Sorry, just so excited I couldn't hold it in :)

Back
Top Bottom