California - Northern

Will somebody in the BYC hierarchy look into this problem, please? Up until about 4 days ago, I have been receiving in my e-mail Inbox the latest activities such as California Northern and other threads in which I am interested and to which I have been contributing to threads in which members have stated their problems. I think my registry or whatever you call it is "1zooman12" and I am generally known as Neal, the Zooman. My e-mail address is [email protected]
Is there anyway one of you management type folks can restore my ability to receive these threads to my e-mail inbox? I'm sure with your expertise and wisdom you can locate a list of the titles of the various threads of which I have habitually been kept abreast. I would like these restored please.
Thank you,
Neal, the Zooman

Will somebody in the BYC hierarchy look into this problem, please? Up until about 4 days ago, I have been receiving in my e-mail Inbox the latest activities such as California Northern and other threads in which I am interested and to which I have been contributing to threads in which members have stated their problems. I think my registry or whatever you call it is "1zooman12" and I am generally known as Neal, the Zooman. My e-mail address is [email protected]
Is there anyway one of you management type folks can restore my ability to receive these threads to my e-mail inbox? I'm sure with your expertise and wisdom you can locate a list of the titles of the various threads of which I have habitually been kept abreast. I would like these restored please.
Thank you,
Neal, the Zooman

Neal......that happened to me almost a year ago. I am still not getting notifications. There may be some help here: https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/...ifications-please-read-and-reply-with-details

Thank you,
Neal, the Zooman
Neal,
Have you clicked onto the yellow star at the top right of the page & checked what you are subscribed too? Maybe your subscriptions somehow got cancelled? I am not into computers much at all. I don't know if administration would even see our regular posts. Maybe there is a thread to go to for that. I would help if I could.

it is an upper respitiry infection. im up to three hens that are isolated. none smell any different and i am trying an organic treatment from susan burek. i know theres a post about how ti send birds to UCD can someone copy and paste it? All hens are eating and drinking and two sound like they are gargling

I sure apologize for commenting on the wrong post.

Last edited:
We have a lot of Madrone trees where we live and some little bug is dropping from the trees. This is very irritating to my girls (and us). Any suggestions for the hens area? I wish we could afford to spray the trees but we can't. We will spray their area and house tomorrow. Will Seven work inside the coop and on them?

We have a lot of Madrone trees where we live and some little bug is dropping from the trees. This is very irritating to my girls (and us). Any suggestions for the hens area? I wish we could afford to spray the trees but we can't. We will spray their area and house tomorrow. Will Seven work inside the coop and on them?

Me personally I would not put seven dust on them but around the coop should help, when I lived up in the foothills those little buggers were everywhere in summer, could you put a tarp across the top of the coop to keep quite so many from falling into their space?

Last edited:
Are the bugs chewing up the chickens?

Yes, seven can be sprayed abound the coop and on the chickens. Mites in some places may be resistant to it now though. Spinosad has been recommended for coops. It should be safe on the chickens but make sure it does not get near feed.

Check to see if you can find a source regarding spraying it on the body of chickens. I do not know if kim did or not. It is described as being long lasting if it is out of sun light.

Another choice is pyrethrum or Permethrin. Be careful using around cats though.

Me personally I would not put seven dust on them but around the coop should help, when I lived up in the foothills those little buggers were everywhere in summer, could you put a tarp across the top of the coop to keep quite so many from falling into their space?

Yes we have a tarp over the coop. The girls are constantly biting themselves. Thank you for your help.

Are the bugs chewing up the chickens?

Yes, seven can be sprayed abound the coop and on the chickens. Mites in some places may be resistant to it now though. Spinosad has been recommended for coops. It should be safe on the chickens but make sure it does not get near feed.

Check to see if you can find a source regarding spraying it on the body of chickens. I do not know if kim did or not. It is described as being long lasting if it is out of sun light.

Another choice is pyrethrum or Permethrin. Be careful using around cats though.

I sure appreciate the help. We will buy some tomorrow. I know the bugs will continue. We will need to spray as often as it says we can. My husband has bites in his arms. I am declaring war!

Back
Top Bottom