California - Northern

Ive posted before any idea what this guy is he has cleand dark legs and dark eyes (not the PBR next to him)
Looks like a clean legged bcm. Not to us standard we went french not English. Peaches my sizzle clean necked showgirl passed last night. I'm guessing it got to hot he had a lot of bare spots so little hear control. He was my 3d gen sizzle boy out of freakazoid . he was the daddy of the amazing sizzle show girls a few have posted pics of. His backup turned out to be a girl so I just have his daughter and an unknown juvie left neither clean necked. I was bawling like a little girl this morning :(

Looks like a clean legged bcm. Not to us standard we went french not English.

Peaches my sizzle clean necked showgirl passed last night. I'm guessing it got to hot he had a lot of bare spots so little hear control. He was my 3d gen sizzle boy out of freakazoid . he was the daddy of the amazing sizzle show girls a few have posted pics of. His backup turned out to be a girl so I just have his daughter and an unknown juvie left neither clean necked.

I was bawling like a little girl this morning
sad.png

So sorry to hear about your loss. Pets grab our hearts. Kern

Last edited:
Looks like a clean legged bcm. Not to us standard we went french not English.

Peaches my sizzle clean necked showgirl passed last night. I'm guessing it got to hot he had a lot of bare spots so little hear control. He was my 3d gen sizzle boy out of freakazoid . he was the daddy of the amazing sizzle show girls a few have posted pics of. His backup turned out to be a girl so I just have his daughter and an unknown juvie left neither clean necked.

I was bawling like a little girl this morning
sad.png
hugs.gif

That is so sad! Maybe a new boy for you is out there from his babies.

So sorry for your loss Chiqita.

It's not even August and I'm ready to be done with the heat. No losses yet but I'm not sure how I've avoided it so far. Maybe they are all adapted to it, lots of senior citizens up here.
Forecast this morning was 7 days of 100°+.

Aww....so sorry to hear that. He was probably Cher's Daddy too. This heat is brutal. It was already 82 degrees at 6 AM here in Paradise....now over 100. I HATE SUMMER!!!!!!!!!!
yeah, almost certianly her dad or grandad.
It was expected to break 100 here but did not, so im grateful. 2 silkies overheated and i had to bring them in for some cooler time. Im thinking the fact its not been that hot this year has made them forget where to to in the heat.

I have been putting frozen bananas in with the broodies. Its funny to see them attack it and then go YUM!!

sounds like fun! i am on the russian river. are you on the bay area chicken chat group? it is [email protected] One of the moderators is a vet at analy vet hospital in sebastopol and she also treats chickens. she gives lots of advice on the chat site when asked as well. you can post what you are looking for or any questions as well. I have gotten a beautiful BCM, just hatched some basque hens. for some VERY nice quality birds you can google Thode Family farm and email them to see what they have right now too...AND you can visit Rose and Thorn in sebastopol...Carole is a world of info and she has 60+ chickens running around, all different breeds so you can see what you might want to look for! good luck!

I have to admit that I still haven't processed one of my meat birds. She is huge! I keep running out of time and puttng it off. She's doing pretty good free ranging and has started laying eggs. I did almost loose her today in the heat. It was 111 and the silly thing thought it would be cooler in the shed that we use as a pump/ well house. That was not a good choice for a place to stay cool! She usually hangs out in the bushes when it gets hot.

Her egg is the light cream one.

This heat is brutal.   It was already 82 degrees at 6 AM here in Paradise....now over 100.  I HATE SUMMER!!!!!!!!!!

We are in Paradise as well. Normally I love the heat but this is too hot for anything! I spent 25 minutes outside taking ice packs to animals, filling dog's pool and picking tomatoes from the garden, came in drenched with sweat! Ugh!

Last edited:
Jason and I were in email contact last week. He is working on pens, I think for Goats and had to replace a roof.

I think he is ok and the fire missed him. Happy Chooks is up there too.
I'm up 80, so I'm closer to the Lowell Fire. It's still a ways away from us, though we are getting the smoke on some days. Right now, it's being blown away from us.

That is good to hear! Thank you for the update. I didn't realize Happy Chooks was close to him. Hope she was as lucky as him with the fire...
We are fine. Just trying to make it through this heat wave. Last week I was in an area that was 70 degrees and we were cold all week, then I come home to this.

Back
Top Bottom