California - Northern

Looks like a clean legged bcm. Not to us standard we went french not English.

Peaches my sizzle clean necked showgirl passed last night. I'm guessing it got to hot he had a lot of bare spots so little hear control. He was my 3d gen sizzle boy out of freakazoid . he was the daddy of the amazing sizzle show girls a few have posted pics of. His backup turned out to be a girl so I just have his daughter and an unknown juvie left neither clean necked.

I was bawling like a little girl this morning :(
I'm so sorry about the loss of your Peaches.

Quote:
Jason and I were in email contact last week. He is working on pens, I think for Goats and had to replace a roof.

I think he is ok and the fire missed him. Happy Chooks is up there too.
I'm up 80, so I'm closer to the Lowell Fire. It's still a ways away from us, though we are getting the smoke on some days. Right now, it's being blown away from us.

That is good to hear! Thank you for the update. I didn't realize Happy Chooks was close to him. Hope she was as lucky as him with the fire...
We are fine. Just trying to make it through this heat wave. Last week I was in an area that was 70 degrees and we were cold all week, then I come home to this.
What a shock that must have been!

Quote: My daughter loves the heat. She take the kids down to the river, but I am too old for that. She also grew up in Paradise so she has always had very hot summers. We moved up here from San Jose in 1986 so I am used to much milder summers down there. Not to mention the fact that I have a condition that causes me to sweat just sitting still in my air conditioned house. Not all the time....but several times a day. If I try to do anything that requires much activity....well...forget it!
sad.png

I have to admit that I still haven't processed one of my meat birds. She is huge! I keep running out of time and puttng it off. She's doing pretty good free ranging and has started laying eggs. I did almost loose her today in the heat. It was 111 and the silly thing thought it would be cooler in the shed that we use as a pump/ well house. That was not a good choice for a place to stay cool! She usually hangs out in the bushes when it gets hot.

Her egg is the light cream one.

Wow...she looks great for being old enough to lay. Something tells me you are getting attached to her...

Peaches my sizzle clean necked showgirl passed last night. I'm guessing it got to hot he had a lot of bare spots so little hear control. He was my 3d gen sizzle boy out of freakazoid . he was the daddy of the amazing sizzle show girls a few have posted pics of. His backup turned out to be a girl so I just have his daughter and an unknown juvie left neither clean necked.

I'm so sorry. (((hugs)))

Looks like a clean legged bcm. Not to us standard we went french not English.

That's sad. I'm sorry. Would you like the black sizzle to make up for it. The stink crowed this morning. That makes 8 silkie boys in a row.*(&%@#$.... I give up on broody silkie hunting. I'll never have one. So now that my scovie are laying I'm rooting for them to go broody by the spring. They are still the fave to watch in the yard. Second are the bourbon reds. 2 boys 2 girls
1f606.png
1f606.png
1f606.png

That's sad. I'm sorry. Would you like the black sizzle to make up for it. The stink crowed this morning. That makes 8 silkie boys in a row.*(&%@#$.... I give up on broody silkie hunting. I'll never have one. So now that my scovie are laying I'm rooting for them to go broody by the spring. They are still the fave to watch in the yard. Second are the bourbon reds. 2 boys 2 girls
1f606.png
1f606.png
1f606.png

I have been thinking it is not something I wanted to have a broody hen or pullet. I have had two easter eggers/Ameraucanas go broody, and as soon as they did I gave them away. I will admit, they were fairly easy decisions, as both were not as friendly as almost every other hen or pullet I had at the time. If one of the really friendly ones went broody I bet I would have been looking for some fertile eggs. Kern

My daughter loves the heat.  She take the kids down to the river, but I am too old for that.  She also grew up in Paradise so she has always had very hot summers.  We moved up here from San Jose in 1986 so I am used to much milder summers down there.  Not to mention the fact that I have a condition that causes me to sweat just sitting still in my air conditioned house.   Not all the time....but several times a day.   If I try to do anything that requires much activity....well...forget it!  :(

Ouch! This is a rough town to live in if the heat is that hard on you. Sacramento is brutal and it seems like we're only 2 degrees cooler here. Course we've only been here a year. However I lived in Stockton when I was young (20s and 30s) and I remember a lot of really hot summers!

Yeah we tried hiking down to the river once. I have a bad back so navigating that current was not fun and then hubby slipped and sliced his foot open. We ended up in urgent care to get his foot stitched up. I don't think we'll try it again. :/

We wanted to go to the Party in the Park tonight but the heat beat us back into the air conditioning. Lol

We came from San Jose too! Well with a decade in Reno between there and Paradise. However I was born in So Cal. My family traveled between So Cal and Arizona til I was 9, when we moved to Santa Clara County, so I'm pretty used to the heat.

I'm in a suburb of Sacramento called Fair Oaks. ( BTW, my little hamlet is noted for its large feral chicken population.
D.gif
We even have a chicken festival ) Moved up here from Anaheim in Southern California around 25 years ago. My late husband and I always thought of The Grapevine as the entrance to S. Cal proper.

Back
Top Bottom