California - Northern

i hope her surgery goes well.

Thanks!
Praying that the surgery goes well and that she recovers quickly!
It has been a struggle. Endocrine tumors take over the release of the glands function--with no regulation. Para thyroid glands are not thyroid. They are para to the thyroid. Their function is to regulate calcium at a very tight level. Blood values should(US measurement) should be in the 9 range and vary by .2. Too much parathyroid hormone(pth) mines the bones for calcium and increases the blood levels of calcium. That is bad! It hurts to lose the calcium and too much calcium messes up lots of functions in the body.

The first high blood calcium level that we have seen was in 2005. We were convinced that it was "just a little bit high" so did not pay attention. In March of this year the kidney stones started which got us to a urologist. They Urologist sent us to an endocrinologist. She sent us in for a radiology study that found the tumor.

Even with kidney stones, Osteopenia, labs that showed it and the image showing the tumor, her primary care physician told her that her symptoms did not warrant surgery!

We then had to work on getting to UCSF because of the Insurance rules. UCSF is one of the few places that has a center for this type of surgery.

These tumors are 99% benign and slow growing. Usually a person has them at least 5 years before the blood level of calcium goes up--She likely has had this tumor for 15 plus years--of misery. fibromyalgiai often misdiagnosed too. The general population has a .5% chance of having hyperparathyroid disease. 10% of fibromyalgai patients have it.

Those silkies are adorable chickee.
smile.png

Thanks Sunny
big_smile.png

Silkies are very addicting!

I live in the Central Valley-Delta-East Bay Area. lol Oakley. I am a 5th generation California girl. I grew up in Castro Valley (Bay Area). We have an awesome state. We have everything within a short drive.
Concord Feed has three stores; Concord Feed-Concord; Concord Feed-Dublin; Concord Feed- livermore. They have a Web site with there chick schedule.Each store has different breeds and delivery days. Rodie's in Clayton also has chick's and will special order chick's for you. No minimum. Very nice people.

I live in the Central Valley-Delta-East Bay Area. lol Oakley. I am a 5th generation California girl. I grew up in Castro Valley (Bay Area). We have an awesome state. We have everything within a short drive.
Concord Feed has three stores; Concord Feed-Concord; Concord Feed-Dublin; Concord Feed- livermore. They have a Web site with there chick schedule.Each store has different breeds and delivery days. Rodie's in Clayton also has chick's and will special order chick's for you. No minimum. Very nice people.
Im here in antioch

I just got some chicks from Alamo. They had Jersey Giants and a few other breeds (I got to EE and 1 JG) they have other animals too they had full grown turkeys a few full grown ducks rabbits and they have a large number of pigeons.

Not the best on price but ok. I needed to get my broody some chicks as she was sitting on duds.

I have Delaware Pita Pinta Buff orps and Cream Legbars.

I love the Delawares and Pita Pinta. Im also working on getting some Barred Hollands. (Hatched one girl will try again in fall)

How many successfully raise turkeys with chickens?
And is it the turkeys that get blackhead and not the chickens?

Back
Top Bottom