California - Northern

00I0I_2VilEWVMrbN_600x450.jpg
So what do you guys think about turning this into a coop minus the "Frozen" theme, it's so not my style, lol? Thinking of buying this and maybe putting next boxes in the front window on the right and changing out some of the "windows" for lexan and 1/2"x1/2" wire for the roof peaks for vents and just using the "man" door for the girls and leaving it open suring the day and closed at night. I could use some suggestions if you have any. Thank you,
PS I already have the run and this will be free standing in the completely enclosed run

So what do you guys think about turning this into a coop minus the "Frozen" theme, it's so not my style, lol? Thinking of buying this and maybe putting next boxes in the front window on the right and changing out some of the "windows" for lexan and 1/2"x1/2" wire for the roof peaks for vents and just using the "man" door for the girls and leaving it open suring the day and closed at night. I could use some suggestions if you have any. Thank you,
PS I already have the run and this will be free standing in the completely enclosed run

Wait...you're not keeping the Frozen theme? I can just see a bunch of chickens named Elsa, Anna, Olaf, etc....lol.

I would use hardware cloth (screw it in so critters can't push it in) over the blue slats in the roof line for ventillation, but make sure you face them away from the direction of storms, so rain doesn't come in. I would put a solid 2X4 across the opening under the blue but above the door, it's too wide of a gap and critters could get in. I'd probably lean towards walling in those 2 large windows, I just don't see how you can make them critter proof and rain proof. You have enough light coming in from the other windows, and that large wall would make good roost space.

Great find, it will be a nice coop!

Last edited:
I would use hardware cloth (screw it in so critters can't push it in) over the blue slats in the roof line for ventillation, but make sure you face them away from the direction of storms, so rain doesn't come in. I would put a solid 2X4 across the opening under the blue but above the door, it's too wide of a gap and critters could get in. I'd probably lean towards walling in those 2 large windows, I just don't see how you can make them critter proof and rain proof. You have enough light coming in from the other windows, and that large wall would make good roost space.

Great find, it will be a nice coop!
Thank you for your feedback. I forgot to mention that I planned on putting framed lexan "windows" over the front open spots that will have hardware cloth that could be opened in the summer. The solid 2x4 is a great idea if I can't run hardware cloth all the way down that area. You ideas are awesome. Thanks!
thumbsup.gif

Wait...you're not keeping the Frozen theme? I can just see a bunch of chickens named Elsa, Anna, Olaf, etc....lol.
LOL!! It's just not my style. My kids are 18 and 21 and I'm just not into that movie at all. I tried watching it but couldn't get the jest of it, so I shut it off. This looks to me as tho it was a lemonade stand or snow cone stand or something. I havn't actually picked it up yet was just wanting to get ideas on its practicallity. It's 7' long by 6' high by 42" wide. My run is 16'l by 6w' by 7'h. So I think as a free standing unit it'll work

LOL!! It's just not my style. My kids are 18 and 21 and I'm just not into that movie at all. I tried watching it but couldn't get the jest of it, so I shut it off. This looks to me as tho it was a lemonade stand or snow cone stand or something. I havn't actually picked it up yet was just wanting to get ideas on its practicallity. It's 7' long by 6' high by 42" wide. My run is 16'l by 6w' by 7'h. So I think as a free standing unit it'll work

Let it go! Let it goooo.... To my house!

Back
Top Bottom