California - Northern

Somehow I dropped off the planet here for a few months.

How is everyone doing?
I need to thin my flocks.

Does anyone close to Antioch (Stockton would be considered close) do processing of their birds with a plucker? I have about 7 boys that will need to be processed in about a month (6 weeks) I've been processing 1 or 2's in my back yard and it takes me 40-60 minutes to hand process them. Id sure like to do a workshop processing some birds but hand plucking is a pain.

Hi we have been skinning them but plucking would be better. We don't have a plucker but I wonder if you can rent them? We have about 10 roosters to process also.
My sister in Washington state said they had a co-op where you you could borrow the equipment. Older if we have anything like that around here.

http://ucanr.edu/sites/placernevadasmallfarms/livestock/poultry/mobilelivestock/poultryprocessor/

Amazing that this is available!

And processing is:

upload_2017-10-13_13-44-38.png

Well did the near final shuffle of birds. I really need to thin my flocks down.

Delaware pen now has 14 delaware girls(2 3yr olds, 3 2yr olds , 3 1 yr olds and 6 pullets) 2 New Hampshire girls and a Delaware cockerel who replaced his father this year. (17 birds)

Pita Pinta Pen Sam (2yr) my awsome rooster, 14 girls (4 2yr and 10pullets) and 1 young broody raised cockerel (16 birds)

Buff & Puff pen (my Pita Buff hybrids Cocoa Puff) 1 3y Buff, 2 2yr buffs, 3 Pullet buffs, 2 1 yr olf puff hens and 2 puff cockerels (10 birds)

Playhouse colored layer pen 3 Wellie pullets, 1 2y Barred Holland girl, 1 3yr old Cream Legbar girl, 2 2yr old EE's and 1 EE/CLB mix and my backup PP Cockerel (10 Birds)

Cotsco coop has a quad of Lavender EE bantams I got this year (4 birds)

Large Brooder has 2 male and 1 female 11 week barred hollands (3 birds)

Large cages are holding my extra 5 PP males getting ready to process soon.

Total 65 birds. WOW

Way too many for here. Though with them all split up like this it doesnt seem like too many even if I get rid of all the extra males it will be over 50 birds. If anyone wants some of the older birds Id be willing to part with some or most of them.

Anyone interested in some nice cockerels? I have a lavender orp, choc orp, black split to choc orp, blue orp,

I also have a holland cockerel, and a white polish cockerel.

These were from sandhill preservation except for the choc orps were from papas.

Very nice to people and kids.

Anyone interested in some nice cockerels? I have a lavender orp, choc orp, black split to choc orp, blue orp,

I also have a holland cockerel, and a white polish cockerel.

These were from sandhill preservation except for the choc orps were from papas.

Very nice to people and kids.
they sound great!
Sadly, I cannot ave roosters

Back
Top Bottom