California - Northern

Here we get to keep healthcare in retirement if you have worked enough years. I thought all UCs were like that?
George said that they are thinking about changing that. We are just watching and waiting to see what happens. He told me that they can even take that benefit away from people who have already retired. I hope that that will never happen.

George said that they are thinking about changing that. We are just watching and waiting to see what happens. He told me that they can even take that benefit away from people who have already retired. I hope that that will never happen.
I have read about that but doubt it will happen.
Is he waiting until 65 to retire? We all have to go to medicare then but the health insurance converts to cover the missing parts of medicare.

I have read about that but doubt it will happen.
Is he waiting until 65 to retire? We all have to go to medicare then but the health insurance converts to cover the missing parts of medicare.
I hope that you are right! He is 62 and was planning on retiring next summer. He needs both knees replaced and is having the first one done next week. He needs to work until 1/1/2018 in order to get the healthcare benefit. But we have to consider my healthcare and we still have 1 minor child.

That’s what they did to us. They broke our contract by filing bankruptcy.
My husband and I both work for city of Stockton.

Stockton was and is a mess!

Will You Guys need to wait until 65 to retire?
I retired but my husband continues to work for the insurance. We are thinking of just going without ins. Just get a major medical plan.
Yes to a hard decision. Since we moved to an acre of land there is a lot to be done. Physically I can’t do some things.

I retired but my husband continues to work for the insurance. We are thinking of just going without ins. Just get a major medical plan.
Yes to a hard decision. Since we moved to an acre of land there is a lot to be done. Physically I can’t do some things.
Deciding when to retire is a tough decision. Last week I read a story about an 80+ he old woman in FL whose health insurance payment is jumping from under $100 per month to almost $700 per month. My DH is now thinking that he might have to work until he is 70. It will be a long commute for him from Santa Cruz to Placerville. We have also thought about starting a business up there and paying for my healthcare.

Back
Top Bottom