California - Northern

Anyone interested in a 14 week old lavender orpington or delaware roo?Also looks like I will have 2-3 french black copper maran roos from Alchemist farm, but it's a little too early to tell.

Otherwise I'll send them to freezer camp. I'm weary about the cock fighting in the area, would hate for my sweet little dudes to end up that way.
I cannot have roosters!

I bet they are very pretty. Can you post pictures?

I cannot have roosters!

I bet they are very pretty. Can you post pictures?

Here ya go: these are the 14 week old Delaware and Orpington roos. Not crowing yet, very polite (my older biddies boss them around still). I can't understage how HUGE the Delaware is! (also ignore the blue kote fail)

IMG_3102.jpeg
IMG_3135.jpeg
IMG_3124.jpeg
IMG_3129.jpeg

Hey I need some help / input about Tehama county, Cottonwood Side...

So I am on 11 acres and we are installing a 2nd home as an in-law unit. The manufactured home guy just came out and said that inspectors will randomly show up and walk through the property and ask for building permits. This sounds pretty far fetched to me.

We are on 11 acres, the property is another 2 miles on a dirt road before you reach it.

I understand if someone would call them that is different, but I highly doubt my neighbors would call. we are on good terms with most, and the others would prefer themselves to be left alone as well.

So, my question is, has anyone heard of truly random, uncalled for inspections? and what do they do if they can not see any issues from a property line? (anyone looking would have to go through at least 2 if not 3 property lines to even SEE our home. )

Is this making any sense? I ask partly because he said that any building could only be 120 sq ft or needs a permit. my coop is over -his - limit. but with how out of the way we are should i even be worried?
Every once in awhile, someone might come.
I'm in shingletown, but the land we're trying to build a house on is on ash creek rd. Not long after we bought it, a county person came to survey our land from the wayside, prob for tax revisions, but still.
People are also often wandering into our land (including a past fellon), so that could be taken into account.

If you want some fixture that the putter-in requires a permit, co will check for other unpermitted things when examining if the first permit can be met.
If you want to get a well drilled or any septic maintenance, they will check for many different things that may need permits. For example, when we had our well prospecter come out, he graciously warned us that the junk (from squatters, it took my family two years to clear the stuff before this point) should be cleared, because when getting a well permit, the county would check for any other things that might be off code.

Fines are higher than permits.
Quite a few people I've talked to from out of the way places (a guy & others in Paradise, a couple working at RAIN, guy in Shingletown, prob more) have warned us of theirs' or others' firsthand experiences in being found, that they'd done something illegal without knowing. Then you've probably heard about the burn lot laws that devastated so many people after the fires.

Fly-bys.
That guy in Paradise? his (friend? neighbor?) was in trouble for staying on their property without a house for over a fortnight in a camper. How did they learn this? a helicopter spotted their camper a few times. Then there's satellite.

In the future, there may be stricter rules for getting it permitted, which will take more renovation, time & money. Of course, we could also become the State of Jefferson, and less gov money would be directed away from us, making it cheaper. ;P

There's probably more, I'm just too tired to go on. We've found the risks, especially since we still need to get other things built and builders need to make sure of permits, greater than the disadvantages. We'll have to use life savings and work hard to get the permits for a house, tho.

I haven't talked to anyone with easements through three people's properties though, so you might be safe.:)

Also, I'm in Shasta co, Cottonwood side. My Grandma's in Lake California (Cottonwood, Tehama), tho, so she might know more...

lmk if you want to talk more.

Every once in awhile, someone might come.
I'm in shingletown, but the land we're trying to build a house on is on ash creek rd. Not long after we bought it, a county person came to survey our land from the wayside, prob for tax revisions, but still.
People are also often wandering into our land (including a past fellon), so that could be taken into account.

If you want some fixture that the putter-in requires a permit, co will check for other unpermitted things when examining if the first permit can be met.
If you want to get a well drilled or any septic maintenance, they will check for many different things that may need permits. For example, when we had our well prospecter come out, he graciously warned us that the junk (from squatters, it took my family two years to clear the stuff before this point) should be cleared, because when getting a well permit, the county would check for any other things that might be off code.

Fines are higher than permits.
Quite a few people I've talked to from out of the way places (a guy & others in Paradise, a couple working at RAIN, guy in Shingletown, prob more) have warned us of theirs' or others' firsthand experiences in being found, that they'd done something illegal without knowing. Then you've probably heard about the burn lot laws that devastated so many people after the fires.

Fly-bys.
That guy in Paradise? his (friend? neighbor?) was in trouble for staying on their property without a house for over a fortnight in a camper. How did they learn this? a helicopter spotted their camper a few times. Then there's satellite.

In the future, there may be stricter rules for getting it permitted, which will take more renovation, time & money. Of course, we could also become the State of Jefferson, and less gov money would be directed away from us, making it cheaper. ;P

There's probably more, I'm just too tired to go on. We've found the risks, especially since we still need to get other things built and builders need to make sure of permits, greater than the disadvantages. We'll have to use life savings and work hard to get the permits for a house, tho.

I haven't talked to anyone with easements through three people's properties though, so you might be safe.:)

Also, I'm in Shasta co, Cottonwood side. My Grandma's in Lake California (Cottonwood, Tehama), tho, so she might know more...

lmk if you want to talk more.
Very Helpful!

I am in Yolo County and a City inspector from Woodland had to sign off on a water heater install. They did not check anything else.

Back
Top Bottom