California - Northern

Quote:
I've heard this a lot from Northern Californians but the boundary lines were established long before we came along and we are not likely to change it just because we disagree. It does make me curious though as to how these "lines" were drawn in the first place.
hu.gif

My brother lives in Eureka and I visit whenever I can... never heard folks say they "hated" SF being included in Nor Cal.
hmm.png

I don't think most people necessarily "hate" that SF is included in NorCal. It's just that it's really NOT Northern by any stretch. Once you're in SF, you still have a loooooong way to go to make it up to the state line. I usually just tell people I'm from Northern California, right next to the Oregon border.

Quote:
I've heard this a lot from Northern Californians but the boundary lines were established long before we came along and we are not likely to change it just because we disagree. It does make me curious though as to how these "lines" were drawn in the first place.
hu.gif

My brother lives in Eureka and I visit whenever I can... never heard folks say they "hated" SF being included in Nor Cal.
hmm.png

I don't think most people necessarily "hate" that SF is included in NorCal. It's just that it's really NOT Northern by any stretch. Once you're in SF, you still have a loooooong way to go to make it up to the state line. I usually just tell people I'm from Northern California, right next to the Oregon border.

That works! I know it makes no sense when you look at the map. That's why I'm so curious as to how the different areas of California were named and why. There's got to be a story behind it.
pop.gif

Quote:
I love Felton! My DH works for UC Santa Cruz. He lives in a little one room "apartment" close to campus and comes home to Antioch on the weekends. His first rental place was in Ben Lomond off of Hinh St. It burned down one day and he decided to move closer to campus. But I love the Felton/Ben Lomond area and when we are finally able to move down there, that's the area that I hope we can move to. My 10 yr old daughter loves to go to Rockys for breakfast! :)

Quote:
Wow! Amazing weather for that area! I used to live in Ben Lomond but the amount of rainy days in a row eventually got to me. Sure is gorgeous and green year round though!!!
big_smile.png

Last edited:
Chickens in Healdsburg:

65263_imag1374.jpg

"Pippa stared at the coffee mug. She hated to taint her lovely new egg-laying capabilities with caffeine, but had few options this early morning. Perhaps she would think it over..."

yuckyuck.gif
A couple of my hens have taken a taste of coffee but not been impressed. It's a good thing because they are frisky enough without the caffeine!

Quote:

That works! I know it makes no sense when you look at the map. That's why I'm so curious as to how the different areas of California were named and why. There's got to be a story behind it.
pop.gif

LOL! I spent much of my youth in the LA basin and moved here to Eureka in my early adulthood and never looked back. I guess, from my point of view, N Cal is rural, so if it's a big city it's not N Cal. I guess my distaste of city life is showing!
sickbyc.gif

Never meant to insult anyone from SF- as far as cities go, it's my favorite!
I do like the idea of the State of Jefferson though!
I guess I'd have to say i agree most of all with "the line between N & S is south of me!" and I totally understand that there is no real or decided upon dividing line, which is probably why this thread was started- the answer to where the line between north and south is....depends on where you live, where you grew up, and how much you care!
clap.gif
And it sure gets people talking, doesn't it?
Great to hear from all these folks.
For me, if you say you live in N Cal but I can't drive to see you in about 3 hours, you don't (exceptions- east of me
frow.gif
)
Personally- I'd like to hear from more Humboldt chicksters!

Back
Top Bottom