California - Northern

When I googled A. Niger all that really came up was mold. Aspergillus Niger. It says A. Niger fermentation. I am curious about this ingredient though. Wikipedia lists some others things A. Niger might be http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/A._niger The label doesn't state what the A. Niger is exactly. I am going to look into this further. Once I put my mind at ease- this looks like a really cool thing!
I emailed them asking them what the ingredient was. I will share here if they respond. I am just so paranoid with my recent run in. :( Lots 4 pullets to it and 2 of them were my French Black Copper Marans pullets- the only 2 I had.

Quote: I just read some scientific studies and boy does my head hurt!

The A. Niger extract may very well be an enzyme form Aspergillus. It is not clear to me. I did run a live chat with Jeffers and they will look into it too.

By the way, they are doing some weird stuff with Aspergillus...

Hmmm The East Bay is not that far from Woodland. Papa Brooder is going to be in Woodland and then heading up to Redding. Pay Pal and a couple of connecting trips and I bet those birds could get close to you.

You are a genius.
Is Genius another name for Enabler....
lau.gif

Let me know if you want help getting those chickens to you."

I'm happy to host some wine and relaxation for the big chicken pick-up at my place:) Make it worth the trip... Just sayin'...

I just read some scientific studies and boy does my head hurt!

The A. Niger extract may very well be an enzyme form Aspergillus. It is not clear to me. I did run a live chat with Jeffers and they will look into it too.

By the way, they are doing some weird stuff with Aspergillus...
I am curious about it. It's the nerd in me. I want to know what it is, how they get it and what they use it for. I mean...we get penicillin from mold so I know good things can come of it. But I just want more info so I know and feel good about what I am giving them. :D

Hey everyone! I hope you all are happy healthy and enjoying the sunshine! We should have some new LF Palomino Brahmas arriving in the next few days too post pictures of! Been getting everything dried off after the storms! (hail,rain,wind,lighting) woke up and saw the mountains snowed on. I can't believe its almost winter already! Amy Beth congratulations on the photo contest! :D Oh! Does anyone have any ideas how to winterize hoop coops? So far I have hay bales stacked up on the sides with another bigger tarp covering the bales and coop. The wind still blew rain inside from the front side AMD back side. So I'm rethinking my plans. Also I got 30 pallets to set all the hoop coops up on so they are not on the ground. I was thinking of building a little mini house for inside the hoop coops so they have extra weather protection. These things work REALLY good in the summer time. Just need a few more ideas to make it winter safe. Mike

Hey everyone!
I hope you all are happy healthy and enjoying the sunshine!
We should have some new LF Palomino Brahmas arriving in the next few days too post pictures of!
Been getting everything dried off after the storms! (hail,rain,wind,lighting) woke up and saw the mountains snowed on. I can't believe its almost winter already!
Amy Beth congratulations on the photo contest!
big_smile.png

Oh! Does anyone have any ideas how to winterize hoop coops?

So far I have hay bales stacked up on the sides with another bigger tarp covering the bales and coop. The wind still blew rain inside from the front side AMD back side. So I'm rethinking my plans.
Also I got 30 pallets to set all the hoop coops up on so they are not on the ground.
I was thinking of building a little mini house for inside the hoop coops so they have extra weather protection.
These things work REALLY good in the summer time. Just need a few more ideas to make it winter safe.
Mike
Yes we just ran smack into this issue with our coop. It's a hoop coop but it is open on 3 sides and the floor is dirt. Now the sucker is stinking wrapped up in ghetto fabulous blue tarps. Top to bottom. Oh my gosh. I am sure my neighbors love seeing that as they drive by. LOL They didn't have them in brown with the size we needed. Boo! The coop plans hubby is working on is a raised flooring and I asked him to make a fully enclosed coop. It may be warm in the Summer- but my chickens don't even hang out in the coop in the Summer! I think I want a hoop coop though for the Spring/Summer/early Fall round of extra cockerels.

Can't wait to see pics of your new chickens!

If you are going to use pallets for the flooring I would raise them off the groung with concrete blocks. Our first coop is a converted shed, during the wet winters and springs rodents moved under the floor. We had a hard time getting rid of them. I ended up trenching around three sides and burying 1/2" aviary wire. Rats would come in for food at night and run across the roosts over their feet, really cuts down on laying when stressed like that.

I have the gromet edges of old traps zip tied to the wire on the lower 20" around mine and old greenhouse plastic covering it. That way the girls can't get to the plastic to eat it and it stops the splash from making the edges all muddy. Mine get so warm in the winter that I leave the top of my gates open to allow for air-movement

Not sure how much snow Anderson gets but it doesn't take much to break pvc pipe. Maybe add a wooden frame to the back and brace between gate framing and the back in case it does come down or just sags with weight. My folks live out past Oak Run and will get 3' regularly in the winter so I always try to keep snow load in mind.

Back
Top Bottom