California-Southern

Hey San Diegans, I need your help! I live in Bonita and I just lost my mini bantam English game hen (about 2 years old) <:( So I am super sad to have lost her! Loved that little girl! But now my problem is that I have my bantam Japanese roo who has lost his mate, and I need to find a small bantam hen to give to him as a companion! It is hard for me to find adult bantam females (and I really do not want to raise any chicks right now, especially since I really only want one more female right now). So if you or someone you know has a bantam hen they are willing ti give or sell to me please let me know! I am desperate for a companion for my boy! Please email me at info AT young-productions.com if you think you have something for me. All of my birds are strictly pets and egg layers only, so they will have a great home! Thanks!

Hey all I am in Covina and just got my first four chicks three weeks ago. Love my chickens already. They are in the garage now after two weeks in the house and out for bits in the day. Coop is almost done. Anyone near me?

I'm new to chickens too, I am in Upland, mine are 7 weeks and just moved into their coop.

I am not really particular on breeds, just not silkies! My husband hates silkies (even though I think they are adorable!) X3.

My only requirements are that it is a banty female, preferably at least several months old so it can be outside, but would prefer a pullet more around 1-2 years, which is the average age of my current birds. I would also prefer a hen that has been handled, as opposed to raised wild with other chickens and hates being picked up! All of my animals are pets only, so we love to love on them! :) Thank you for any help you can give!

Reaver,
I have 3 Easter Eggers, which I think stay small right? I could part with one or so of them if you are interested. They chicks, I think they are in the 3 month to 4 month area. I don't think they are "bantam" size, but other than that I only have Brahmas :) Def not on the small size, lol. I am incubating Silkies (which you would not want), but if your interested PM me.

Otherwise I am thinking of posting them for sale or trade. I'm on the fence, because I got all three together, and bought them being told they are all pullets.... but you know how that goes. I do think that all three are girls though.

Hey we are close. Mine have not slept out in the coop yet just out there during the day. They are almost four weeks now so with rain coming this week I guess I will wait for a while longer. Just got the little hen house done and in the run today. All set now.

Where are you? And what kind of breeds do you have? My Buffs are about 8 months, and the EE/Americaunas (still trying to figure that part out), are in one coop, with my 4 week old chicks in another area. Congrats on the coop and house.... It can be quite a project getting those all secure and ready. My first Buffs I brooded out in the coop in a smaller box and heat lamp. But it was summer and such nice weather :)
Hey we are close. Mine have not slept out in the coop yet just out there during the day. They are almost four weeks now so with rain coming this week I guess I will wait for a while longer. Just got the little hen house done and in the run today. All set now.

Back
Top Bottom