California-Southern

My Special Needs rooster got a field trip to the feed store yesterday since he couldn't be with the other birds who were all stuck in their coop. He was NOT happy being a human companion all day. This morning he was SO HAPPY he ran like a tiny, puffed up turkey all the way to the others in their coop and went chest first into Nero, The Big Roster, but he didn't care, he was SO HAPPY!

Anyone have any damage? Today is the day to prepare. Tomorrow might be worse. I got nearly 3" yesterday and they predicted 1". My parents who live near me had their garage and kitchen flood with mud and a neighbor down the street had a river flow up and over the bridge and into his living room. Bridge rails and debris (including an old water heater someone threw into the barranca) as well.

No leaks in the coop though! Just LOTS of poop. :-/

I live on a mesa surrounded by sloping ground SO I stayed very dry. My chickens live inside an 18ft square covered patio so they too are dry. I am SO HAPPY I went thru the extra work to make an OFF THE GROUND secure run with a shingled roof. Here are a few pics of my "work of art", and worth every drop of sweat I put into it. :love

My Special Needs rooster got a field trip to the feed store yesterday since he couldn't be with the other birds who were all stuck in their coop. He was NOT happy being a human companion all day. This morning he was SO HAPPY he ran like a tiny, puffed up turkey all the way to the others in their coop and went chest first into Nero, The Big Roster, but he didn't care, he was SO HAPPY!

Anyone have any damage? Today is the day to prepare. Tomorrow might be worse. I got nearly 3" yesterday and they predicted 1". My parents who live near me had their garage and kitchen flood with mud and a neighbor down the street had a river flow up and over the bridge and into his living room. Bridge rails and debris (including an old water heater someone threw into the barranca) as well.

No leaks in the coop though! Just LOTS of poop. :-/
OH MY GOSH, he is just so handsome! I got me a phoenix also, I actually have 2 but I only like 1 of them! I cant wait for his tail to grow out more, he only around 9 months old!

We had minimal flooding at the big coops. Nobody wanted to go outside. The poor baby coop was the worst. We are going to move it, to see if we can find a better draining area. This is what we had to do to even get out to the coops without sliding.

Good luck everyone with tomorrow's storm.

I can't buy another bag of bark chips until tomorrow because of my work schedule! They worked great in the run but the run flooded higher than the chips so....I need more chips! At least the coop, even though it's on the ground, has a water trap underneath that should divert. No moisture inside the coop other than from their piles of poop which I hauled out this morning. I might split the flock into two coops tomorrow and utilize my grow out coop. Put my little Phoenix in with his two favorite girls so he has chicken company rather than being stuck in the house :-/

Can't even get to my parent's house. Their road collapsed this morning!

OH MY GOSH, he is just so handsome! I got me a phoenix also, I actually have 2 but I only like 1 of them! I cant wait for his tail to grow out more, he only around 9 months old!
Yay! I love my Phoenix! Where are yours from? They're such a cute breed. He's a bad hatch, I think the his egg didn't get turned enough so his left side is totally deformed :( he's happy and feisty and eats and poops right so I guess he's ok, he's just terrified of Nero so they can't be in the coop together. They're fine out ranging though, but that wasn't going to happen yesterday. His name is Derpy and any derivative thereof, such as Sir Derpster, Derpydoo, Derperautomous, Ah-Derp-Derp, etc. I want to get him a girl of his kind but I don't know where to get sexed pullets. Here he is!

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom