California-Southern

Hi neighbor! I live in Bakersfield too!
We just started our flock.
smile.png
It will not be long before Chicken Math kicks in. Welcome to BYC
D.gif

I am not poking fun or anythings, but usually people in Southern California dont consider Bakersfield Southern California...

My in-laws live up near Tulare and I've always called the area Central California.

But I'm glad you guys/gals from Bakersfield on here or else nobody would be on this particular thread :)

I am not poking fun or anythings, but usually people in Southern California dont consider Bakersfield Southern California...

My in-laws live up near Tulare and I've always called the area Central California.

But I'm glad you guys/gals from Bakersfield on here or else nobody would be on this particular thread :)

As someone originally from Oregon I've never understood why Bakersfield is Central CA, and Sacramento area is Northern CA. I don't know, when I drive back home to Oregon for a visit, there is still a whole lot of CA once I get past Sacramento LOL

I'm not sure I agree. I"m in Ventura County. Bakerfield is less than 2 hours north of me. I consider SLO as Central, not Bakersfield.

It is true that this thread is SUPER slow. I've met people, more local to me, on Facebook pages. I try to get them to come here, but it's too quiet.

Is anyone hatching anything right now? I have a dozen eggs of my own eggs under my broody silkies. I went a little nuts on Ebay and I am hatching 63 of those eggs in one of my incubators, and I won several BYC auctions, and I have those in another incubator. I just won ANOTHER auction on BYC, so I"ll set those next weekend. I am going to be hatching a dozen eggs for a local friend, and they should be here tomorrow or Wed.

I also have about 40 chicks in my bathroom, that I will hopefully move outside today.

Spring is always busier!!

I'm not sure I agree. I"m in Ventura County. Bakerfield is less than 2 hours north of me. I consider SLO as Central, not Bakersfield.

It is true that this thread is SUPER slow. I've met people, more local to me, on Facebook pages. I try to get them to come here, but it's too quiet.

Is anyone hatching anything right now? I have a dozen eggs of my own eggs under my broody silkies. I went a little nuts on Ebay and I am hatching 63 of those eggs in one of my incubators, and I won several BYC auctions, and I have those in another incubator. I just won ANOTHER auction on BYC, so I"ll set those next weekend. I am going to be hatching a dozen eggs for a local friend, and they should be here tomorrow or Wed.

I also have about 40 chicks in my bathroom, that I will hopefully move outside today.

Spring is always busier!!
wow... thats a lot.. That was about my total for last year (all year).

I stopped using my incubator .. Last year (and now this year) I just let the brood hens hatch and raise the chicks free range in the backyard...

I have two clutches due to hatch this week. They went brood at the same time, so it should be same day hatching.

I feel that Ventura and everything below is so cal... In my brain I use the Mountains as a natural border to a different land.

It's sure seems like spring here. It will be in the 80's next week ! I hatching Amen Cemani's
I love mine! The girls are super friendly. My poor roo is locked up. I can't have roosters, so he's inside until I can find a home, or a rooster collar that works. I had a friend housing him and a silkie roo for me, but they got to be too loud, too early. So, for the past few weeks he's been indoors. Sad little guy.

It is VERY warm up here too. 93 right now....blahhhhh

Back
Top Bottom