California-Southern

Hi So. Cali's!
I'm in Pasadena.
Looking for a coop builder near me to help build a new home for my ever expanding flock.
If you have any suggestions please message me!

Hi So. Cali's!
I'm in Pasadena.
Looking for a coop builder near me to help build a new home for my ever expanding flock.
If you have any suggestions please message me!
Welcome!!

Where is Pasadena do you live?

Lived in Pasadena for quite a while (Just by Caltech) . Beautiful but HOT!!

My blue became raccoon food unfortunately
sad.png
all I have is a splash

OH No! I'm so sorry to hear that. Will you be bringing anything to the Meetup?

This is my first winter having backyard chickens here in San Diego. Do I need to worry about any type of weather-proofing, i.e. cold weather precautions for my 3 hens? Thanks!

This is my first winter having backyard chickens here in San Diego. Do I need to worry about any type of weather-proofing, i.e. cold weather precautions for my 3 hens? Thanks!
Not really... I'm just North of you and I don't provide any kind of heating for my 20 birds. But I do watch the forecasts so that I can prepare for any frosts that may occur; Putting tarps around the run to cut the wind chills, and provide them with a little extra corn as well as hot meals, and make sure they stay dry.

Not really... I'm just North of you and I don't provide any kind of heating for my 20 birds. But I do watch the forecasts so that I can prepare for any frosts that may occur; Putting tarps around the run to cut the wind chills, and provide them with a little extra corn as well as hot meals, and make sure they stay dry.
Awesome! Thank you!

I'm in the San Bernardino Mountains and we do not provide heat for our chickens even when it snows. I have clear tarps that I tarp off the run with to cut down wind and rain getting to them. We also have a 6x8 barn that is enclosed but it is not heated. Chicken do better in the cold than the heat. Just make sure they are in a draft free coop and that they can keep their toes warm on their perch we use 2x4s with the wide side up so it is a wide grip and they can tuck in nice and cozy like over thoe toes.

Back
Top Bottom