California-Southern

Sorry for the double post, but I just wanted to let everyone know that I created a list of CA breeders and hatcheries, for all of CA. I keep coming across people who are looking to deal locally, as I am as well. Find it here: https://www.backyardchickens.com/articles/california-breeders-hatcheries.74162/

so i am on the hunt for some bearded silkies. (white and splash females) i ve been researching the list you posted (thank you so much) i just need some therapy! Amber waves sells chicks at $250 EACH for white, $175 for others. Am i crazy or is that pricey? sigh.
Sunny side up ranch was my light in the storm, but their yelp reviews stated that the birds there had Mareks's disease. lots of birds dying from there. so sad. in addition, they aren't true silkies, but crosses, not the worst, but... :(
i guess it's not meant to be. thanks for letting me vent...$250....waah!!!!

so i am on the hunt for some bearded silkies. (white and splash females) i ve been researching the list you posted (thank you so much) i just need some therapy! Amber waves sells chicks at $250 EACH for white, $175 for others. Am i crazy or is that pricey? sigh.
Sunny side up ranch was my light in the storm, but their yelp reviews stated that the birds there had Mareks's disease. lots of birds dying from there. so sad. in addition, they aren't true silkies, but crosses, not the worst, but... :(
i guess it's not meant to be. thanks for letting me vent...$250....waah!!!!

Your best bet is looking in the Buy/Sell/Trade posts on BYC

https://www.backyardchickens.com/forums/#buy-sell-trade.67

The first silkies I got, I got from a hatchery. They sent me 22 chicks, 18 or so end up being boys. At that rate, I figured I rather just hatch my own. I got hatching silkies eggs from the B/S/T hatching eggs pages.

Good luck!!!

Your best bet is looking in the Buy/Sell/Trade posts on BYC

https://www.backyardchickens.com/forums/#buy-sell-trade.67

The first silkies I got, I got from a hatchery. They sent me 22 chicks, 18 or so end up being boys. At that rate, I figured I rather just hatch my own. I got hatching silkies eggs from the B/S/T hatching eggs pages.

Good luck!!!
holy cow....18 roos....that's what i am afraid of!!!
thanks for the advice.

just checking in...thinking of you all as it hits 98 degrees and zombie apocalypse like outside. hope you are all safe.
Yes!!! TOO HOT!!! And smoke from fires has been AWFUL!!! thankful we had some thunderstorms up here on the mountain to cool it off and get rid of some Smoke! Hope everyone else is hanging in there!!@

Newcastle disease in California with more positive confirmed cases.

I wanted to post this information because it's going around and very contagious. I didn't even know this existed! Thank goodness people at work know I have chickens and feel the need to tell me every little chicken news. For once it was good information!!! My friend who does 4H told me there are people pulling their chickens from fair and shows because of this disease and the quarantine needed.

This is a highly contagious disease so want to get the info put their to help protect our chicken babies.

Here is a link for more information
Https://www.cdfa.ca.gov/ahfss/Animal_Health/Newcastle_Disease_info.html

By the way posted this under the disease thread but realized I should post here for all of you guys as a FYI since it may affect us more.

Newcastle disease in California with more positive confirmed cases.

I wanted to post this information because it's going around and very contagious. I didn't even know this existed! Thank goodness people at work know I have chickens and feel the need to tell me every little chicken news. For once it was good information!!! My friend who does 4H told me there are people pulling their chickens from fair and shows because of this disease and the quarantine needed.

This is a highly contagious disease so want to get the info put their to help protect our chicken babies.

Here is a link for more information
Https://www.cdfa.ca.gov/ahfss/Animal_Health/Newcastle_Disease_info.html

By the way posted this under the disease thread but realized I should post here for all of you guys as a FYI since it may affect us more.
Thank you!!! YES...unfortunately not all chicken keepers are aware! I would avoid all poultry shows ect in southern Calif until quarrentines are over because they are finding new cases in the testing area...moving birds will spread the disease. Would not want to risk my.flocks health!

Back
Top Bottom