California-Southern

Sadly it's spreading. Newest case of Newcastle disease is in Ventura County. Do not accept any birds from here, or if you are in contact with any birds from this area, please practice intense biosecurity when going back to your property.
40475438_2125576084133964_8948147684963778560_n.jpg

i m a pre school teacher too!
amazing that you do special ed. we need you in our school!

I have a special needs child, and from her very first pre school special eds teacher all the way to her over 18 program teacher, you all have the most patience, and the most incredible attitudes toward our kids! Thank you!!!!

Aww....thanks! I REALLY do love the kids and families!!! I can not imagine doing anything else!!!

Sadly it's spreading. Newest case of Newcastle disease is in Ventura County. Do not accept any birds from here, or if you are in contact with any birds from this area, please practice intense biosecurity when going back to your property.
40475438_2125576084133964_8948147684963778560_n.jpg
Unfortunately it is!!!! At thus point living on southern California...I would not buy nor sell anything until this epidemic is over..very scary!!!! I would NEVER want to chance losing my entire flock!:hit

Hi - I'm in Long Beach and new to these forums. Currently incubating quail eggs to get started on raising them for meat and eggs for my family. We have a small lot and I do a lot of food growing so I needed a bird with less space requirements and noise then chickens. Although I enjoy chickens and had several when we lived in Rancho Cucamonga. Any other quail owners nearby?

I have been dreading the moment... but I have to re-home my ducks. I live in the city (San Diego) and the quacking has become a problem. Before getting ducks, I really tried to do my research about which breeds to get in order to have a couple mellow backyard birds. And believe it or not, some folks in the BYB thread actually said that ducks are quieter than chickens. But I need to re-home my girls. The quacking has gotten worse the more they age. It's all day, every day. We've tried everything to appease them and keep them happy. The quacking may even be a happy greeting but it's getting too loud, too much. My husband is not happy. The new neighbors are not happy.
I have never given up on an animal before, so this feels really terrible. I hope to find them a home with a loving, responsible Back Yard Bird family with lots of space so they can quack all they want. I will drive anywhere in Southern California to deliver them to a good home. They are 3 yrs and 4 months old. The Pekin is "Quackasaurus" and the Swedish Blue is "Platypus". They are overall healthy, the Pekin has some large permanent bumbles on her feet, which she grew when she was young and her favorite place to stand was on the edge of some bricks. The bumbles never open or crack and it doesn't seem to cause her much trouble. Please let me know if you or someone you know would be a good fit for my sweet girls.

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1540603477186.jpg
    FB_IMG_1540603477186.jpg
    57.3 KB · Views: 7
Hey where in SD are you ? I was thinking about adding some ducks to my property and I just want ladies . Currently I have just chickens
I have been dreading the moment... but I have to re-home my ducks. I live in the city (San Diego) and the quacking has become a problem. Before getting ducks, I really tried to do my research about which breeds to get in order to have a couple mellow backyard birds. And believe it or not, some folks in the BYB thread actually said that ducks are quieter than chickens. But I need to re-home my girls. The quacking has gotten worse the more they age. It's all day, every day. We've tried everything to appease them and keep them happy. The quacking may even be a happy greeting but it's getting too loud, too much. My husband is not happy. The new neighbors are not happy.
I have never given up on an animal before, so this feels really terrible. I hope to find them a home with a loving, responsible Back Yard Bird family with lots of space so they can quack all they want. I will drive anywhere in Southern California to deliver them to a good home. They are 3 yrs and 4 months old. The Pekin is "Quackasaurus" and the Swedish Blue is "Platypus". They are overall healthy, the Pekin has some large permanent bumbles on her feet, which she grew when she was young and her favorite place to stand was on the edge of some bricks. The bumbles never open or crack and it doesn't seem to cause her much trouble. Please let me know if you or someone you know would be a good fit for my sweet girls.

Back
Top Bottom