California-Southern

I have what I was told is a silver laced Wyandotte, about 3 months old (but I was just told by someone on BYC that he is a Black Australorp!) who we recently have figured out is a rooster. He is more black than the two hens we have so I always suspected he was a different breed! They all three get along pretty well but my friend said the rooster has to go. Apparently he started trying to crow today and her husband won't be able to deal with that. I don't want him going to a place where he has to live in a tiny cage or be eaten. If anyone is interested please let me know. In the Visalia area of the Central Valley. Just want him to live a happy life with some wonderful hens. Going to miss him horribly. My first chicken and I have to say goodbye....😥

Attachments

• 20220512_100518.jpg
    20220512_100518.jpg
    83.2 KB · Views: 5
  • 20220512_080926.jpg
    20220512_080926.jpg
    425 KB · Views: 5
  • 20220512_080923.jpg
    20220512_080923.jpg
    414.9 KB · Views: 4
  • 20220512_080848.jpg
    20220512_080848.jpg
    616.5 KB · Views: 4
  • 20220512_080838.jpg
    20220512_080838.jpg
    588.6 KB · Views: 5
I have what I was told is a silver laced Wyandotte, about 3 months old (but I was just told by someone on BYC that he is a Black Australorp!) who we recently have figured out is a rooster. He is more black than the two hens we have so I always suspected he was a different breed! They all three get along pretty well but my friend said the rooster has to go. Apparently he started trying to crow today and her husband won't be able to deal with that. I don't want him going to a place where he has to live in a tiny cage or be eaten. If anyone is interested please let me know. In the Visalia area of the Central Valley. Just want him to live a happy life with some wonderful hens. Going to miss him horribly. My first chicken and I have to say goodbye....😥
New to BYC so I'm not even sure I posted this correctly in the right spot. Forgive my newness!

Maybe you can build a sound proof coop and put him in there overnight until about 9 to 10 am very morning. People generally don't want males sadly...

OMG, good luck! I think with one to rehome you will be ok. I have 7 to rehome!!!!! down from 9!

My very first two chicks 11 years ago -- one turned out to be a cockerel and we had to give him up also. It's very hard to rehome cockerels -- especially since we get so attached to the sweet ones!

Hi, everyone! I’m new to BYC, I came here for information after rescuing a baby duckling from a tragic situation where my neighbor got a pair for her two year old baby. One of the duckling were killed fairly quickly by a puppy in their household. I got involved soon after as I felt so sad for this little ones situation . I have been caring for him for about 6 weeks now. I thought early about getting another , but after finding out I would need to purchase two, I thought better of it. So, I have been doing everything to care for him. He is super human friendly as he had imprinted solely on humans. I would love to find a better situation for him with others of his age, and species. I have two 12 year old cats, and this little duck wants to interact with them. They aren’t very welcoming as one could imagine.
If you are interested in possibly adding a young duckling to your life and flock please reach out to me, or if you have any suggestions or good advice. I live in San Diego County . Best Regards

Hi, everyone! I’m new to BYC, I came here for information after rescuing a baby duckling from a tragic situation where my neighbor got a pair for her two year old baby. One of the duckling were killed fairly quickly by a puppy in their household. I got involved soon after as I felt so sad for this little ones situation . I have been caring for him for about 6 weeks now. I thought early about getting another , but after finding out I would need to purchase two, I thought better of it. So, I have been doing everything to care for him. He is super human friendly as he had imprinted solely on humans. I would love to find a better situation for him with others of his age, and species. I have two 12 year old cats, and this little duck wants to interact with them. They aren’t very welcoming as one could imagine.
If you are interested in possibly adding a young duckling to your life and flock please reach out to me, or if you have any suggestions or good advice. I live in San Diego County . Best Regards

Attachments

• AA6AB648-C00D-4927-B9A0-B7471AF68F6A.jpeg
    AA6AB648-C00D-4927-B9A0-B7471AF68F6A.jpeg
    553.8 KB · Views: 4
  • 652EA353-FD76-44C8-A3AE-131B1BFE49CB.jpeg
    652EA353-FD76-44C8-A3AE-131B1BFE49CB.jpeg
    518 KB · Views: 4

Back
Top Bottom