Can any1 look at my packing job and tell me if it's good enough???

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by cjeanean, Dec 7, 2008.

1. cjeanean

cjeanean Can't Decide

Mar 5, 2008
    Missouri
    I'm sending some stuff to South Caroline and to Guam. I've never sent anything before, so I don't know if my packing job will work. Everything in bubble wrap is glass. Will the glass survive??? There's a few more things going into the SC package, so the gap on the right corner is gonna be filled....

SC package:

[​IMG]

Guam package:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 7, 2008
  2. cjeanean

cjeanean Can't Decide

Mar 5, 2008
    Missouri
    The large bubble wrapped things are those glass christmas light boxes I made...they're pretty heavy and sturdy, and I'm hoping the bubble wrap will do the trick in keeping them intact....

Last edited: Dec 7, 2008
  3. arllcountrygirl

arllcountrygirl lavender nutt

Just make sure that the packages against the box aren't breakable. Move them away from side and stuff with shredded newspaper or crumpled newspaper. Sometimes the boxes get hit from the side, so you want to make sure there is some give. Also put stuffing on the top, you can also use packing peanuts. Other than that it looks ok from here. [​IMG]

4. redhen

redhen Kiss My Grits... Premium Member

May 19, 2008
    Western MA
    Hi..i think it looks okay...what about some newspaper in between some things?....[​IMG]..i suck at things like that..but..i think it looks pretty darn good!....BTW..what is that old fashioned sponge candy?...just wondering..never heard of it before...[​IMG]..

5. BirdBrain

BirdBrain Prefers Frozen Tail Feathers

May 7, 2007
    Alaska
    Fill all the nooks and crannies with wadded up paper and they should probably do alright.

6. cjeanean

cjeanean Can't Decide

Mar 5, 2008
    Missouri
    thanks, guys...the sponge candy is kinda hard to describe...it came from Wisconsin, from my Grandma....I can't really fit any packing material around the inside of the package, which is why I'm wondering if it's gonna make it. Everything breakable has a few layers of bubble wrap, though....

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by