Can Anyone Help Me?

Quote:
Thanks for the link! If you would like to send an e-mail, let me know!
smile.png

Send me the email dear... I think a good arguement is here in the Capital City of Raleigh you can have 4 hens. I'll try to put something together as soon as I can.... definitely before Monday.

Letter is ready to go, Andy. Just give me the email address I need to send it to. Here is a copy of what I'm sending for you which may help others write theirs:

To whom it may concern:

As more and more American citizens are concerned about the sources and safety of the food they eat, an increasing number of citizens are becoming interested in keeping a few hens for their eggs, a healthy food source they can control. Chickens are the most cost effective, food-providing animal to raise. A small number of chickens kept in a well-maintained environment produce organic fertilizer, which is easily composted with little to no smell whatsoever. They are quieter than dogs, easier to contain than cats, and their manure has a use, unlike that of dogs and cats. They are intelligent, easy to raise animals, even affectionate if handled often.
Most cities, Atlanta, Ga. included, do allow a few chickens to be kept, though many are not aware of that-they assume that most cities do not allow chickens at all, but that is simply not true. Another assumption is that they draw predators, another false assumption. Predators, including raccoons, opossoms, coyotes, foxes, as well as mice, exist in almost every American city, brought in by the waste/garbage generated by the citizens, though unless someone is out and about at night and watching for them, they may be unaware of the "night life" that goes on in their cities. The fact is that most chickens actually eat mice, providing some small predator control themselves! Provided with an attractive and predator-proof coop, keeping a few hens for their eggs will provide endless satisfaction and enjoyment as well as a healthy food source for our citizens in cities and suburbs all across the country. They are a relatively healthy animal, overall, something most people are not aware of.
Their housing can be very attractive and an asset to the property on which they reside and will not detract from the neighborhood, when care is given to maintenance. I am including a photo of my own 8x8 chicken coop that my husband and I built by ourselves when we first began keeping chickens so you can see how it can be done. Ours easily held a dozen hens, so a coop for five or six hens could be substantially smaller than this one. We are very happy with our decision to start this hobby and folks are amazed how much tastier the fresh eggs from our healthy and friendly hens are than the "anemic" ones in the grocery stores. We know what the birds are fed on a daily basis, without antibiotics of other harmful additives to their feed. We hope you will begin to allow your citizens to experience the satisfaction and fresh food that we have come to enjoy. Thank you for your attention.
Sincerely yours,
Cynthia & Tom Bacon

*****P.S. See our original coop below. If the picture does not come through, the link to the online photo is included. http://i61.photobucket.com/albums/h49/ClutchHutch/DCP_2978.jpg

Quote:
What a nice British Lady!

If you send it from your Yahoo email, it surely will count!

They will not know it is not coming from US. LOL

Thanks so far everyone!

Please let me know when you actually send out the e-mail.

Let's fill their Chick-N-Boxes!
woot.gif

Copied from a PM:

I'm not sure I could offer anything that SpeckledHen hasn't said already. Let me think about it and talk to some BYC folks tommorrow at our Chickenstock.

Have you asked why chickens have an ordinance against them? It seems
to me thatan attack on the core reasons would be a better tactic than a
few emails from people not even from Ohio.

Have you spoken with an attorney? Do other towns in your immediate area allow chickens?

Back
Top Bottom