Can I use tap water and hose water for my ducks?

RanditheDuckMother

In the Brooder
Aug 25, 2020
I have some ducks hatching soon and I would like to know if I can use tap and hose water for my ducks. While they’re small I would like to let them swim in the bath tub/sink. When they get older the plan is to get them a kiddie pool and fill it up with water. This is my first time hatching anything and i’ve researched for 3 months but never found out what water is safe for them.

I have some ducks hatching soon and I would like to know if I can use tap and hose water for my ducks. While they’re small I would like to let them swim in the bath tub/sink. When they get older the plan is to get them a kiddie pool and fill it up with water. This is my first time hatching anything and i’ve researched for 3 months but never found out what water is safe for them.
Yes!

:welcome :thumbsup What is the source of your tap/hose water ? Well water IMO is the best as long as it has been tested and it is safe for humane consumption and does not go through a water softener.

Municipal water, I wouldn't use the stuff. To many chemicals added to it like chlorine to kill bacteria in the attempt to make it safe for human consumption. It's a controversial topic and everyone has their own opinion on using it.

Fresh clean water daily is always the best for good health, even if your only option is a municipal source.

YES.

If your water is potable, its fine for the ducks.

Mine have actually been raised on rainwater, collected off of a metal roof, and stored in a 275 gal tote. Supplemented with well water during a long dry spell.

Ducks in the wild don't have access to filtered water with chlorine and whatever as disinfectants. Don't sweat it. Hells, even if your water starts clean, your ducks are going to fix that REAL fast. They are dirty, messy birds, and will summon mud from the great beyond, even if no sand, soil, clay or other mud making materials are available. Don't know how they do it, but Duck + Water = Mud. Also, happy Duck.

:welcome :thumbsup What is the source of your tap/hose water ? Well water IMO is the best as long as it has been tested and it is safe for humane consumption and does not go through a water softener.

Municipal water, I wouldn't use the stuff. To many chemicals added to it like chlorine to kill bacteria in the attempt to make it safe for human consumption. It's a controversial topic and everyone has their own opinion on using it.

Fresh clean water daily is always the best for good health, even if your only option is a municipal source.
Ya I'm on a well filtered by a ancient Volcano right out my back door.
Vulcan Villarrica is 5 k away from me and it is active.

Back
Top Bottom