Can Someone Help Me Identify this Bantam Hen

I have a bird that's 1/4 silkie and he's a genius too, so you never know. He's 1/2 sablepoot and 1/4 OEGB, though. She's even smarter though - knows any time I'm trying to trick her and learns really fast. If I use one tactic to get her back in the coop she doesn't fall for it again 😂 I'm always on my toes
It's probably the OEGB in that one, I would guess. 😉
Don't get me wrong. I love my silkies, but none of them would win any smart chicken awards. My smartest chicken is a mutt I hatched from a grocery store egg. 😊

I just found a chicken breed on google by chance that looks exactly like her - the sumatra bantam. I think this is a coincidence though because they are rare and from indonesia, I doubt the people I got her egg from have sumatras, but I wonder what their parent breeds are

It's probably the OEGB in that one, I would guess. 😉
Don't get me wrong. I love my silkies, but none of them would win any smart chicken awards. My smartest chicken is a mutt I hatched from a grocery store egg. 😊
The chicken I have that has OEGB is from a completely different farm, so he's not related to her 😂 but yeah I mean she looks like a pretty generic bantam. It's her incredible flying ability that had me thinking game bird. She can fly so well

They do look just like her though - here are some bantam sumatras. They look JUST like her. It's interesting. Even the description is the same and how she acts a little wild and is always flying up into the trees.
images (4).jpeg
Screen Shot 2021-08-16 at 11.54.44 AM.png
Screen Shot 2021-08-16 at 11.54.20 AM.png

She's built a bit different. You bought mixed breed bantams from them. The odds of them accidentally giving you a pure rare breed is astronomical.

Oh I agree 100% @Overo Mare - I was saying more like wonder what the foundation breeds were for the sumatra, because maybe that could tell me something about her. I read online that sumatras have some silkie stock in their ancestry 😂 and that they were a foundation of some of the newer ornamental OEGBs hahah - funny how we circle back.

What it tells me - all bantams are related in one way or another 😂

UPDATE - Seller tells me the Cochin and Silkies were isolated, so there's very little probability she's anything but a silkie/cochin mix

Back
Top Bottom