Can We Poll for an Organic Section?

Yeah, we need more people and more ideas at SS! Come on over and tell us about your organic operation in our journals section!
smile.png

Quote:
That makes sense. It probably would get confusing. Thanks for clarifying!

Quote:
This is a great idea! I'd be happy to work on this unless someone else has already started. Anyone want to colaborate on this project with me?

SufficientSelf.com looks great, too!

Quote:
I am definately still interested. It is a very good idea, and will help with many problems we face in this new and scientific world full of medicines and drugs.
big_smile.png

I will be happy to help. We must all put our heads together and we could start a new beginning, that will help many chicken owners to raise their chickens in a much more organic manner.

Great idea.
thumbsup.gif

Last edited:
Quote:
I definitely would be interested in an organic section. Speaking of the expense to order organic feed online, I would like to share info about my german shepherd when we first converted her over to organic dog food. The decision was not an easy one because of the expense, but do you know that when we did, because of better assimilation of the dog food because of the better nutrition, the amount she was eating went down, making it actually a little bit cheaper to feed her than the other "high quality" dog food that I was buying her?! This actually happened to us when we switched over to organic ourselves. Our body started assimilating the food better which made us not want to eat as much, which meant that there wasn't much difference in the amount of money we were spending for food, and even though we started out right away with organic feed for our chickens, so I won't know the difference in cost for non-organic vs. organic feed, I'm guessing it is the same with the chickens as it was for us and our dog.

See
, looks like we need a special spot on BYC for organic fed chickens! I just couldn't contain myself and not share the information I know about organic foods!!!
celebrate.gif

Cool! Cool!

So, following the moderators suggestion, I have started to compile a humble "Index" of organic discussions/information that I have found on this forum. You can access it from the "View My BYC Page" link under my name. Everyone can continue to post their organic discussions under the existing BYC categories (feeding & watering your flock, emergencies/diseases/injuries and cures, etc.), and we can just link to those discussions on this page. Yeay! Make sense?

I don't have many links yet, but so far I am grouping by the following topics:

ORGANIC FEED
MAKE YOUR OWN FEED
ORGANIC/ALL NATURAL MEDICINE
GETTING CERTIFIED

If anyone knows of any particularly useful discussions, can you PM it to me and I can include it? Feedback welcomed! I'm so glad there is such an interest in organic chickens!
woot.gif

Back
Top Bottom