Candled eggs- opinions please.

Noellereagan

Crowing
Premium Feather Member
5 Years
Jun 20, 2018
Big Bend, Wisconsin
These eggs were incubated a bit low. I have a still air and they were at about 100.5 for the first 12 days. I have since kicked it up a degree.

The first one pictured below is a chicken egg. A Cemani. I was worried about the dark spot because it looks a bit rotten to me. Although it doesn’t float around when moved. but being a Cemani could it just be that the chick is cole black? The egg is pictured at day 17
ECCB8AC6-0BAE-4D66-B2C2-E7241A0CA495.jpeg

The second egg is a turkey egg at day 19. This too was a degree low at 100.5 but for two days longer than the chicken eggs- so for the first 19 days. I’m thinking this one is not fertile.
9DCF2FF8-6B8C-4FAA-8A13-0FD1CDD94B14.jpeg

Any input is much appreciated. Thanks!

Bummer. Thanks. When the spot is that dark it’s rotten? Do you feel confident enough that I can toss it?
I'm not sure if it's rotten but I can promise you that it died. I have had many hatches, ducks, quail, chicken, etc and a few eggs I had that died looked like that. I saw no active veins and no movement at all. At day 17, you should see baby move. The fact it's just a black mass, no movement, no viens, screams death to me. I would toss it before it starts to stink and then explodes.

Bummer. Thanks. When the spot is that dark it’s rotten? Do you feel confident enough that I can toss it?
Just leave it in there just in case.... it doesn't hurt anything and it's only for a few more days. Or would you rather just crack open the egg and see Chicken Little alive and kicking but slowly dying cuz of what you've done? The choice is yours.

Just leave it in there just in case.... it doesn't hurt anything and it's only for a few more days. Or would you rather just crack open the egg and see Chicken Little alive and kicking but slowly dying cuz of what you've done? The choice is yours.
If she has other eggs in there, she's risking it rotting and exploding on other eggs. Potentially putting then in danger. That egg isn't alive.
Real helpful you are. Not.

Back
Top Bottom