daniel farzan

Hatching
Jul 1, 2017
my chick is having a hard time breathing. I dont know much about the chickens i have but i know they are between 8 months to a year old. one of them is not eating very much and is standing in place. she sounds like shes having a hrd time breathing and i dont really know what to do. I've called multiple stores around me to buy medicine but NOBODY has anything! I would order medicine online but by the time it gets here with the 4th of july and the weekend Im afraid itll be too late. if anybody can give me DETAILED instructions on how to deal with this it would be very much appreciated. any improvised medicines or dietary changes? should i bring her inside? bath? what advice?

symptoms:
hard time breathing
wheezing
weight loss
lethargic
sleeping while standing (eyes closed)

female, very very small (because of weight loss)

my chick is having a hard time breathing. I dont know much about the chickens i have but i know they are between 8 months to a year old. one of them is not eating very much and is standing in place. she sounds like shes having a hrd time breathing and i dont really know what to do. I've called multiple stores around me to buy medicine but NOBODY has anything! I would order medicine online but by the time it gets here with the 4th of july and the weekend Im afraid itll be too late. if anybody can give me DETAILED instructions on how to deal with this it would be very much appreciated. any improvised medicines or dietary changes? should i bring her inside? bath? what advice?

symptoms:
hard time breathing
wheezing
weight loss
lethargic
sleeping while standing (eyes closed)

female, very very small (because of weight loss)

please help!!!!!!!!

Has she been sick for some time? Is she coughing or sneezing, having nasal drainage, or watery eyes? If you think she has a respiratory disease, you could ask your feed store clerk for some Tylan 50 injectable, a few syringes, and 18 or 20 gauge needles. It is a cattle medicine, but also used in chickens. It can be given by mouth or as an injection. Dosage is 0.2 ml per pound of weight, twice a day, for 5 days. I would give it orally, removing the needle, a few drops at a time in her beak. Encourage her to drink some water and make her some watery chicken feed, and some chopped egg or canned tuna. Make sure that you have good air circulation in your coop, and no moldy areas or excess dust which can be a cause of or can make respiratory illnesses more possible.

Has she been sick for some time? Is she coughing or sneezing, having nasal drainage, or watery eyes? If you think she has a respiratory disease, you could ask your feed store clerk for some Tylan 50 injectable, a few syringes, and 18 or 20 gauge needles. It is a cattle medicine, but also used in chickens. It can be given by mouth or as an injection. Dosage is 0.2 ml per pound of weight, twice a day, for 5 days. I would give it orally, removing the needle, a few drops at a time in her beak. Encourage her to drink some water and make her some watery chicken feed, and some chopped egg or canned tuna. Make sure that you have good air circulation in your coop, and no moldy areas or excess dust which can be a cause of or can make respiratory illnesses more possible.

i live in LA.. no feed stores around me. would a petco or centinela feed have that?

No farm stores or farm animals in your area? Southern States Co-op, Tractor Supply, Rural King stores? You might want to look in your yellow pages. You may want to order some chicken meds online just to have in stock.
In the meantime, if your chicken layer feed does not have probiotics listed on the label, I would give 1 tsp of plain yogurt daily with food, make a runny watery mash with her feed and water, offer some chopped egg, and encourage her to drink fresh water daily to help deal with this problem breathing. Provide good air circulation in coop with windows on both ends, keep dust or wet conditions that lead to mold minimal, and use a fan in coop if temperatures are hot.

Back
Top Bottom