Car sick duck.

peepsandquacks

Songster
8 Years
Apr 22, 2011
Took my duck on a 5 hr drive to mall of America with the kids. We were IN Bloomington and I hear 'eeeeeeewwwww! Duck puke' come from the back seat. (he was sitting on the floor under the kids feet). I look back, and there oatmeal chunks coating the floor. Then not 5 min later, he did it again.

He did the same thing when we went camping and drove 2 hrs. Except he did it then right after we gotout of the car at least.

We scrubbed it off the leather....but we still have to shampoo the carpet. Duck puke is like glue.

Didn't know that ducks could puke...interesting.
caf.gif

I don't see why they couldn't get sick like other animals, plus he was on the floor in the back seat, and probably reading too which is not a good idea.
wink.png

Haha, yeah, he was reading teen ducks.

Oh yeah ducks puke. They puke, then shake their heads splashing it everywhere. My kids had it on them....it was nasty.

He was perfectly fine before and after the puke. He ate fine and didnt throw up sence. He has thrown up only twice, and both times were while in or just exiting a car after a long drive.

Last edited:
See, all I can wonder is...you were bringing him to Mall of America?!

I mean this in a completely nonjudgemental way, but I've just gotta know...why?! How? Do they allow companion animals there? And does he go missing for hours at a time only to be found listening to the music samples in Hot Topic?!

Haha no he stayed in the hotel room. He is an indoor / diapered duck, so he just hung out, and watched tv / ate the toilet paper (thats his new favorite snack lately
sickbyc.gif
). I didn't bring him to the mall itself. Lol. That would be awesome if they allowed animals though!!

I find it funny now though, that your the only one to ask about that!

Last edited:
I took my Aylesbury to work one afternoon as one of the guys upstairs wanted to see him. I took a bag of beans along as Monty loves beans...Anthony had a great time feeding beans to the duck....I did not a great time cleaning up the beans all over the back seat when we got home again - I am just so glad it was beans and something easy to clean up...
sickbyc.gif
if it was pellets.

Back
Top Bottom