Car sick duck.

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by peepsandquacks, Sep 6, 2011.

1. peepsandquacks

peepsandquacks Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 22, 2011
    Took my duck on a 5 hr drive to mall of America with the kids. We were IN Bloomington and I hear 'eeeeeeewwwww! Duck puke' come from the back seat. (he was sitting on the floor under the kids feet). I look back, and there oatmeal chunks coating the floor. Then not 5 min later, he did it again.

He did the same thing when we went camping and drove 2 hrs. Except he did it then right after we gotout of the car at least.

We scrubbed it off the leather....but we still have to shampoo the carpet. Duck puke is like glue.

2. dumb_cluck

dumb_cluck Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 26, 2010
    Upstate NY
    Didn't know that ducks could puke...interesting. [​IMG]

3. featherfinder

featherfinder Runner Lover

I have a swedish that is like that to. Horrible smelly stuff!. And your right, its just like glue to!

4. rocketbunni

rocketbunni Out Of The Brooder

Jul 11, 2011
    :O thats fascinating! I never knew they could puke either! ...did he seem unwell too?

5. Miss Lydia

Miss Lydia Running over with Blessings Premium Member

Oct 3, 2009
    Western N.C.
    I don't see why they couldn't get sick like other animals, plus he was on the floor in the back seat, and probably reading too which is not a good idea. [​IMG]

6. peepsandquacks

Apr 22, 2011
    Haha, yeah, he was reading teen ducks.

Oh yeah ducks puke. They puke, then shake their heads splashing it everywhere. My kids had it on them....it was nasty.

He was perfectly fine before and after the puke. He ate fine and didnt throw up sence. He has thrown up only twice, and both times were while in or just exiting a car after a long drive.

Last edited: Sep 6, 2011
  7. DuckLady

DuckLady Administrator Staff Member

Jan 11, 2007
    Washington State
    I have never had a female duck get sick like that, but every drake I have ever transported has done that.

8. fisharescary

fisharescary Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 23, 2010
    See, all I can wonder is...you were bringing him to Mall of America?!

I mean this in a completely nonjudgemental way, but I've just gotta know...why?! How? Do they allow companion animals there? And does he go missing for hours at a time only to be found listening to the music samples in Hot Topic?!

9. peepsandquacks

Apr 22, 2011
    Haha no he stayed in the hotel room. He is an indoor / diapered duck, so he just hung out, and watched tv / ate the toilet paper (thats his new favorite snack lately [​IMG]). I didn't bring him to the mall itself. Lol. That would be awesome if they allowed animals though!!

I find it funny now though, that your the only one to ask about that!

Last edited: Sep 6, 2011
  10. duckyfromoz

duckyfromoz Quackaholic

Jan 11, 2010
    Australia
    I took my Aylesbury to work one afternoon as one of the guys upstairs wanted to see him. I took a bag of beans along as Monty loves beans...Anthony had a great time feeding beans to the duck....I did not a great time cleaning up the beans all over the back seat when we got home again - I am just so glad it was beans and something easy to clean up... [​IMG] if it was pellets.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by