Car vs Rooster!!! Can he be saved???

love.gif
this update!
and absolutely yes *nods* for L named offspring
thumbsup.gif

Hello all fans of Lucky J La Roo! It's been quite some time since I've updated on my boy and I apologize for that. He is doing great still even after a little mishap here a few weeks back with him getting picked on by some of the younger roosters and needing a little "inside time" with us in the house again.

Hubby had informed me of some blood spots out in the snow and after some tracking I found poor Lucky hiding under the stairs to our grainery...one of his spurs was busted off and he was losing quite a bit of blood from that plus his face and comb were covered with peck marks so I brought him in, stopped the bleeding and after he warmed up a bit I put him back to bed in the coop. The next morning I found him huddled up all by himself in the coop and so I decided to bring him in again. That night I rounded up all of the cocky little bully roosters and separated them into their own cage...let them get knocked down a peg or two on the whole pecking order while Lucky was happily snuggled in his own cage in the house. I put Lucky back out after three days with only the bantam roos and two little teenager roos and he was the man of the house again. So yesterday I was able to rehome a bunch of the young roosters, but I held onto two boys that I've grown quite attached to. One is Junior, one of the first eggs that I've ever hatched in the bator and the other is Buddy, a great big beautiful black roo who looks just like Lucky, just in a negative photo kind of way ;)

Now my question here is if there is anyone within driving distance to Wausau, WI that might be interested in one or two pet quality roosters that are two of Lucky's own sons??? Like I said, "PET" quality, meaning I don't know for sure what they are because I don't know what Lucky's heritage is, but I do know that they're both hatched from large brown eggs, actually I do know that Junior's mother is my Cuckoo Maran and he's got the barring in his feathers, just that it's white on white barring...hard to get a photo of that. I just thought I'd throw this out there in case there might be someone interested....let me know. :)

This is Buddy <3

I'll have to try and take a picture of Junior tomorrow, I've looked for an hour now and can't seem to find the one I was thinking of posting...
I'd just love it if someone out there wanted to share a little bit of Lucky's good looks and sweet demeanor <3

I'm so glad to see that Lucky is still doing well! :celebrate I wish I could take one of them but I'm in Kansas and can't afford to take another full size rooster. I hope you find a good home for them.
Thanks for updating! :clap

I just got done reading this whole thread. Lucky has quite an amazing story, and he looks very happy. I'm so happy he survived as well! You have given this rooster the best life he could possibly imagine, and I'm sure he loves you just as much as you love him.
love.gif
(Maybe even more)

Hello all you Lucky J La Roo lovers! It's been so long since I've updated you and I'm sorry but I have a couple great pictures from just this morning that I thought I'd share with you all so you can see how great he's still doing and even his "mini-me"
love.gif
Let's see if I can figure out how to post photos again.....hmmmmm

He is handsomer than ever!!...a truly gorgeous roo and I can't think of a better name than Lucky! Did those bully roosters learn there lesson a while back?

Back
Top Bottom