Cat ate my chicken

Aug 1, 2023
Hey, so I didn’t see Thomas come into my room when I was moving chicks from the incubator to the brooder, and he got one of my hatchlings. Is there any way to discourage this behavior? He doesn’t go after my older birds, and is practically the worst barn cat ever, I’m not sure what got into him, but I need advice.

Hey, so I didn’t see Thomas come into my room when I was moving chicks from the incubator to the brooder, and he got one of my hatchlings. Is there any way to discourage this behavior? He doesn’t go after my older birds, and is practically the worst barn cat ever, I’m not sure what got into him, but I need advice.
I have a ginger named Thomas! Sometimes when I'm trying to get his attention I call him his full name, Thomas Magnum :D

Make sure the door is closed when handling the chicks?

Make sure the door is closed when handling the chicks?
It was closed…. He’s so silent, and when he gets in he immediately runs under the bed and behind some boxes. It’s nearly impossible to tell when he is in. Can I train him to stay away from chicks, or do I just up my security measure?

It was closed…. He’s so silent, and when he gets in he immediately runs under the bed and behind some boxes. It’s nearly impossible to tell when he is in. Can I train him to stay away from chicks, or do I just up my security measure?
Up your security measures is the only real option. That includes your personal awareness of when he follows you in through a door.

Up your security measure. Ever heard the saying to “herd cats”? Well, it’s the same thing for training cats

Back
Top Bottom