Cat stuck in tree

Chicken poppy

Fashionably late 🎤🦆
Premium Feather Member
May 9, 2021
Poppyland
Im sorry i know cats arent supposed to be here and i will delete this after i promise. But this is really bad. My cat is stuck up around 30 feet in a tree, its skinny, theres a bald eagle nearby, its very windy, shes meowing and i think blood is on her lip. PLEASE help.
517D2682-B112-4585-A4B5-D20D4BA8B669.jpeg
I know its hard to see but look to the top of the Image. Shes been outside sense last night and its like 20 degrees. Im so scared for her. Its swaying bad with wind. Animal control people dont open til12

EDIT: she has been taken to a vet, i made a update if you scroll down. She broke her jaw, ripped out her claw and possibly hurt her tail.

Last edited:
Okay everyone, we took her to a vet. She will come back hopefully tommorow because shes getting spayed, a rabies shot, nails clipped. And extra treatment done on top of the jaw. It cost 2000.

thank you guys! :wee And it was a broken jaw, but it was more of the “minor” ways to break a jaw. She described it as if your going to break a jaw, that Is the best way to do it, though its still bad. She also ripped a nail out, but thats treated to.

TBH, an animal emergency is an animal emergency. I'd rather you post here and get quicker responses than run off somewhere else and have to wait longer for help. Glad to hear she made it down safely and I'm sure the vet can patch up that jaw no problem. She'll have a bit of a road to recovery, but she will be just fine in time, I bet.

Also, to your question about what to do until you can get her to the vet - give her a quiet confined place to just exist for a while. Wounded cats will isolate as a defensive measure, so just leaving her be during this stressful time is for the best. But yea, get her into the vet as soon as possible.

Thank you everyone, i really appreciate It. She got down safely, and did it very carefully and worked her way around all the branches, but unfortunately i think she hurt herself very bad, something is wrong with her jaw. Its bloody and a tooth is gone, i think it could be broke. Her claws are a little bloody to, poor things eyes are closed and shes just sitting there. I feel awful. Im checking for ticks right now.

Considering how many branches are available for her to grab onto, I don't think there is much risk of her falling and getting hurt that way.

Maybe crack open a can of some really smelly food (tuna might be a good choice) and see if she makes her way down on her own?

E80C8FC1-C3C7-42F3-B89E-2B7AD84F0904.jpeg
shes under the bed. I know its really hard to see, but if you look theres crusty blood sticking out. She was licking it but now she stopped. i know i need to take her to a vet. But is there anything i can do until then. It would be really expensive, and id like to do anything i can to comfort her first.

I think its fine to post here. I don't have much advice unfortunately. You could try to wash it but I don't think there's anything you could do to really help her otherwise. I don't know about pain meds for cats. My cat tore her side on something once and needed stitches and they gave us pain meds at the vet.

I think its fine to post here. I don't have much advice unfortunately. You could try to wash it but I don't think there's anything you could do to really help her otherwise. I don't know about pain meds for cats. My cat tore her side on something once and needed stitches and they gave us pain meds at the vet.
TBH, I would avoid pain meds unless perscribed by the vet. Cat biology is very different to human biology and what may be a painkiller for us may be lethal to them.

Back
Top Bottom