Cats!!

annageckos

Crowing
14 Years
Sep 6, 2009
SE PA
Over the holiday weekend (Saturday) one of my cats, Phoebe, had to go in for emergency surgery. She had pyometra (infection in her uterus). She is much better now, only stayed overnight. But since she has been back, one of my other cats, and her best friend, Jade, acts like she doesn't know her. Jade and Phoebe use to be best friends. In fact, Phebs 'adopted' Jade when she first came to live with us. We got Jade when she was only four weeks old. Now Jade hisses at her and runs. Here is a photo of what they use to be like together. Cats drive me crazy!
roll.png

12aa4eb2.jpg

Awww, what a cute pair!

It's probably the smell that is the problem. Give them more time. I have three, there's always somebody on the outs with the other two.
roll.png

Yeah, I figure that is it, the smell. Phoebe is the calico, Jade is the tabby(I meant to put that there).

I would say it is the smell. Whenever we take ours to the vet, we try to take them all at one time. We have six. If we don't, the ones that didn't go act like the other ones are strangers for a few days.
smile.png

I have six cats, so there is always something.

022-1.jpg

Kenny, he was dumped with his brother as kittens. I have had him for about 12 years now. He is a mama's boy, but has a temper with the other cats sometimes. He can go from grooming them to a hiss and swat. Back to grooming.
hu.gif

0103.jpg

Lily. She is such a sweet little girl. But her and Phebs are mortal enemies most of the time. We got her just as a man was taking her to dump with a feral colony of cats. I don't think she was any older then six weeks old.

113.jpg

Jade, she is a big mouth. She will talk to you all the time. We got her at four weeks old from a neighbor. He had mental problems, but was a really nice guy. He tried to help stray cats and dogs, but didn't have the money to care for all the animals he took in. Also, one of his dogs snapped at the kittens in Jades' litter and two were killed. We took one kitten and the other went to another home.

099.jpg

LG. He was dumped into the feral cat colony as a kitten, but followed some kids home. They couldn't keep him so brought him over to us. The plan was to take him to the shelter, but that didn't work out. He and Jade are 'partners in crime'. He ALWAYS had to see what you are doing, and help.

0474-1.jpg

Phoebe. She was dropped off at a pet store, with a litter of kittens. The owners of the store gave her to us after the litter was weened. She is a great foster mom. She lets kittens climb all over her, and bite, play kick. Anything. But she also had 'slit personalities'. She can be fine and purring one minute and attacking the next. She is my psycho cat.

1202.jpg

Sebastian. He is inbred. He is such a doof. He came from my aunts house, she had 20 something cats. It all started with two girls and a boy. He was from the last litter. My friend took him and had him for a couple of years. Then she broke up with her boyfriend and asked if I could keep her cat 'for a couple of months'. That was at least five years ago. He is really sweet, and his meow is so squeaky. He loves to chew plastic, not eat it, just put holes in it.

Back
Top Bottom