CAVUTO ON FOX News CHickens in your backyard

BamaChicken

Orpingtons Bama Style
12 Years
Nov 14, 2007
He did a very negative report on keeping chickens in Chicago and crazy people are for having chickens running around. He said to write in at [email protected] and tell them what you think. I just had to email a response to his uninformed report. He hasn't done any research at all it sounds like on how many people keep chickens for fun and not just eggs raising. I urge people to say something so peoples rights don't get taking away because of people that say things without knowing anything.

Okay, I sent a post.
big_smile.png

Does anyone have a link to the news spot? I'd like to watch it when I get a minute.

Neil Cavuto only gave his two cents on this and didn't tell all the story they have printed on the fox news print out. He was so negative.

Cavuto must think that chickens are democrats......................

sorry, I just couldn't help myself
roll.png

Fox News? Negative? Imagine that.............

sorry, there I go again
roll.png

OK, hope this works, what I sent to Fox News...... Did you even do any research into this? You sound like so many un-informed/mis-informed people ! What, chickens are bad because you have a dog or a cat and chickens are not dogs or cats? I just wished people in the media would actually do a little research before they jump on one side or another! I guess guns kill people too...! And drunk drivers have a desease! It's a habit, a desease is something that you can not or could not prevent. Drinking is something you could have prevented! You may be educated in what you do but, you are not very smart when it comes to reality. You have a veiw and without being bias, you try and prove your point without research and wind up looking stupid. ..

I wrote him back...
Dear Mr. Cavuto,
I have heard on one of my bulletin boards that you have been assigning a label of "crazy" for people who have chickens...what makes us different than anyone who has a dog or a cat or a parrot or a lizard or a fish?
Have you ever even SEEN a chicken that wasn't laying flat on it's back in shrinkwrap?
Then you would have no idea of their complex communications, their flock dynamics or even how they like to flop on the grass and sunbathe...
I, and almost 10,000 other souls, happen to HAVE chickens: some are pets and some are raised for showing or for food.
I consider mine as pets and the eggs are just a extra benefit. My birds know their names and come when they're called. They know some simple words, like "No", "Porch", and "Treats". One of mine even knew what time my son was due home and was pacing in front of the door until he came in.
As for chickens smelling, if you keep cleaning up after them, then there is no smell. And you can bathe them too.
As for rats and mice, if you have new construction anywhere near you, rodents will go elsewhere to find shelter.
As for noise, a baby's crying is higher in decibels than a rooster's crowing.

If you'd like to see how a food chicken is treated, do a Google Search for PETA
If you want to see how one of OUR chickens are treated, go to www.backyardchickens.com or the EZBOARD Backyard chickens site.

Sincerely,
Brenda Mihalopoulos

I want to move to a chicken friendly state. There are always problems in chicago. MY brother and I each have $1.7million in the will from our father. I might move to texas our north carolina with alot of farm and a log cabin house. If jersey gets this ban I will surely cry

Sorry for all folks that live in urban/sub-urban areas...I am SO glad I live in the country.

Folks out here EXPECT you to have chickens and don't care about the roosters! Actually, they do but it's more of a competitive thing. "I say, your rooster don't crow as loud as mine, son!"

And if you don't have chickens, "well what the heck you doin' out here for, son?"

roll.png

Peace-

Pedro

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom