CENTRAL FLORIDA (Ocala) SWAP MEET - July 18th

Quote:
Ohhh-poor little polish. They were all so adorable
sad.png

Thanks to you and Mark for taking some babies off my hands. I hope he didn't get into too much trouble. It didn't look like your GF was much help either...I SAW her making GOOGLEY
love.gif
eyes at the Seramas!

Kelly-sorry about your turk--I don't know what is going on w/ these deaths, but I woke up this morning to find one of my cuckoo maran hens (stayed home while I was at the swap) dead next to my broody blue copper in the nesting box!
hit.gif
I absolutely HATE mystery deaths. I checked her crop, checked her for eggbound, checked her for mites, worms, ANYTHING!

No signs of sick, all others are healthy. They come out and free-range ALL DAY, and sleep in the pen and night. The pen only has a partial roof though and I have seen a couple of rats in there at night. Has anyone had chickens DIE from rats in the coop? In the 10 years we've lived in FL, we've never had a rodent problem in our home, so not sure how to handle it except d-con...and then I'm afraid that others would get into it
hu.gif

Help appreciated.

Thanks,
4kidZ

HEY-PUNK ROCK CHICKEN!! WHERE WERE YOU
barnie.gif
Lots of us had chicks and eggs that you dibbed and you were NO WHERE!
tongue.gif
What the heck happened
idunno.gif

Lol his dad doesnt get home til tommorow so he isnt in trouble yet lol. My gf wanted chickens but her mom would not allow her to. Mark has a account now he made it after the swap lol Its Chickenboi thanks for the chicks and the seramas

4kidZ
Fluffy Butt Farmer
Well I thought it would take a few days before they started laying.. Found my first wheaten egg all speckeled and everything...
love.gif

If only that roo would figure out how to use the ramp on the A frame... I had to put him in and take him out..All the hens use in just fine..Smart girls even layed there egg in the right place...
yippiechickie.gif

I put the wheaten (Susie) I got from kelly in from the last swap..Perfect they didnt even notice her...Soo far soo good..

Thanks Fluffy Butt Farmer cant wait till my hubby comes back from his vacation to see them...
thumbsup.gif
yippiechickie.gif
thumbsup.gif
yippiechickie.gif
thumbsup.gif
yippiechickie.gif

20413_p3150048.jpg

This is there temp home for 2 weeks while in Quarintine... Then they move 2 their new home

This will be their new home have 2 now
love.gif

20413_p1180423.jpg

When my hubby comes home we are gunna put a big coop in the middle of both of the runs!!!!!With AC/Heat..He is on a fishing camping vaca with my Dad...
These are old pics I have to get some with the chickens in it....

Quote:
That was chickenzoo that ya got the polish chicks from. SOrry that one passed she was hopin it would make it.

Quote:
WEll glad I could fill the order & hopefully you & your son will be happy w/that little Mandrain Drake--They are so small & so pretty!
tongue.png
-- LOVE THEM!

Thanks Felisha for holding the swap!

I am so glad that Lee(the guy w/the wood ducks & Mandrains made it) Any one looking for Call ducks give him a call he shows all over the place if you need his number email me & I will give you his phone #. He had got gorgeous ducks.

Also FernGully--Clip one wing on all your Mandarins now & in the future cause if you dont & you leave your door to the coop opened they will fly off & they are a little expensive to be losing them to the outside world! Plus hens are hard to come by. Just a little hint on how to keep them home.
Sorry i should have clipped his wings before I let you take him off today--My bad! I dont like doing that. Meant to clip them but w/my current water problems I forget ALOT!LOL

Man, I guess I just missed this swap meet
sad.png

I had to rehome my chickens a few years ago due to a cranky neighbor, but in a couple weeks I'm moving to a house on 1 acre, fenced, with no zoning restrictions. Needless to say, I'll be making some poultry purchases as soon as I can get a coop built!
big_smile.png

Quote:
Welcome to BYC & please keep checking back for plans on the next swap!
thumbsup.gif

edited for awful spelling!
big_smile.png

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom