SugarGroveFarm

Songster
6 Years
Mar 12, 2018
Ohio
Hello! I'm wondering if anyone can tell me if you can own Cereopsis geese in Ohio? And does anyone know where you can get them from in the U.S.? I really like them and I know they are rare so I would love to contribute to the population conservation plus I just think they are beautiful and interesting looking birds! Thanks in advance for any info guys!
Cereopsis.jpg

Hello! I'm wondering if anyone can tell me if you can own Cereopsis geese in Ohio? And does anyone know where you can get them from in the U.S.? I really like them and I know they are rare so I would love to contribute to the population conservation plus I just think they are beautiful and interesting looking birds! Thanks in advance for any info guys!View attachment 1296826
Call your local game warden and that person can tell you whether or not it would be legal to have the Cape Barren goose in Ohio. Whether or not it would be legal to have them there doesn't really matter since they are an Australian goose and finding somewhere that they could be imported from is highly unlikely and extremely expensive. A brief google search did not show any evidence of any of them being in the U.S. outside of being in a zoo.

Call your local game warden and that person can tell you whether or not it would be legal to have the Cape Barren goose in Ohio. Whether or not it would be legal to have them there doesn't really matter since they are an Australian goose and finding somewhere that they could be imported from is highly unlikely and extremely expensive. A brief google search did not show any evidence of any of them being in the U.S. outside of being in a zoo.
Thanks for the reply. I guess I never thought about calling the game warden. I know ukwaterfowl.com has them but I don't know if they do international shipping which is why I asked if anyone knew anyone that sells them in the US I know it would be pretty expensive but I'm just thinking ahead for in the future anyway so I would have time to save and plan

There was a pair at an auction in Kansas last fall I was at. They brought like $300 each but were "no sold", seller wanted more money. And I know of a person in Iowa that has a pair, I saw them there a few years ago.

Back
Top Bottom