Chantecler Breed Club

chicken19

Songster
Jul 16, 2015
Riding my horse
My Coop
My Coop
Welcome to CBC!
CBC is a perfect club for anyone who owns or adores Chantecler chickens.
I own 1 Chantecler X hen who is white with brown speckles.
I adore the breed!
Please talk about anything chicken related but follow the BYC rules please.
Please post stories and pictures of your Chanteclers!
Thank you,
Chicken19.
(Chanteclers rule!)

IMG_0639.JPG IMG_0651.JPG Some of my white Chanties are from Cackle, and I have a small flock and love them! I just moved my birds on for this year, but in spring I'll be hatching again. If you want show birds, I don't know, but the Cackle birds are pretty nice. You would need to get a group, and keep the best ones. Mary

Thanks Banty. I've had a really hard time finding them. I went to a show today to talk to a well known breeder (who very rarely ever sells) and she sold me these 3. It's a definite start.

What's your experience with the breed?
Not much, I'm just starting out. I've had about 7 and I'm waiting on more. I wanted to have a couple dozen more chicks this year but I don't think it'll work out for more than a few. Oh well; I'll just have to be patient in building my breeding stock. They're lovely birds and I liked them so much I am selling all my other birds except the Ameraucanas to focus on them.

Well, I am trying to breed for a sustainable breed that has naturally larger breast meat(Not talking as big as Cornish x ) but just bigger than the normal heritage breeds. Am bringing with traditional Cornish and just adding more as I go. Have thought of adding Chanticleer as they were derived with Cornish in them. Shall see what I decided next spring after I hatch my first mixes :)

Back
Top Bottom