Cheapest Flat Panel Heaters

Quote:
In the winter of 2008, I bought two of the 400 watt flat panel heaters from shopthecoop.com - the same one that is displayed at the shopthecoop link above .

I was really happy with them the first year. In the second year, I noticed a slight crack in one of the heater surfaces, but I found I could keep on using the heater. The crack was not big at the time.

This year, I cannot use that heater. The crack extends from the top of the heater to the bottom of it, and is wide enough for a feather to get into and possibly catch fire. I do not feel it is safe enough to use.

The other heater is still working fine, but I am really disappointed that a heater that cost me nearly $150 bux only lasted for two winters -- and I live in the mid-south. It's not like I live in Alaska or something.

Last edited:
Hello,
The heater that you purchased from us at www.shopthecoop.com has a 2 year manufacturer's warranty. You can email us and we can get that taken care of for you.
The heater I have has lasted 6 years, and I have not had any problems. The cost of some of our items are higher, obviously
we give alot of money to charity (animal rescue foundations, and Poultry Organizations) in addition, advertising is high.
For example, an ad in Backyard Poultry Magazine runs me $250 per month, plus $250 per month to have just a banner ad on this site.
If I ran a full page advertisement, it would be over $1000 per month, not including monthly web site fees of $150, also the web designers, software updates, and shipping tools.

So when you run a small business that is not based in China, you have to pay a little more for some items.

Thanks for understanding, and please email us if you need a new flat panel coop heater.

Thanks,

Shop The Coop

Quote:
I'll say! $112 for a 20 foot long heated hose? I hope they would send some vaseline with it… I would need at least 2 to reach the coop for the automatic waterer. however, for about $45 I can hard pipe the system with heated pipe cable… Wonder which way I'm gonna go?

No offense, of course, but we just can't justify $225 to run water to the coop.

Back
Top Bottom