Cheryl's Hen House...

Pics
Pics as promised. They've taken to Cheryl right from the get go. Of course Who wouldn't? :love

Some interesting observations from the first few days. The Cinnamon Queens are super chatty and very docile. You can just pick them up and hold them for as long as you want. I do like that no 2 of them are colored the same. The Gems might turn out to be the most unusual of the bunch. In their pic you can see the progression of color vs tufts. The more color, the less tufts. The one that's almost pure white has quite the tufts going for sure. The BCM is gorgeous and she gave us a beautiful chocolate egg yesterday. Queenie, the roost ruler BO is being a pain trying to keep the others out of the nests. Hopefully she gets over it.

Last edited:
Get chickens they said. It'll be fun they said. Sheesh. Spring cleaning was not so much fun even though Cheryl and I love being together doing whatever. Today's whatever was quite the project. Removed EVERYTHING from the coop and storage cabinet.

See....we're having fun. :hugs

Cheryl is shoveling while I'm running the wheel barrow back and forth from the coop to the compost pile...

And then the heavy equipment came out...

See...fun...

Once everything was blown, swept, blown, scrubbed, scrubbed some more, blown some more, wiped some more.....

This beautiful lady's smile makes it all worth it.

Last edited:
Just wanted to report back on the girls. Everyone is doing great. Integration with the 2 older ones has gone perfectly. Getting 9 - 10 beautiful brown, green eggs daily. They gang up on us every time we are even near the coop. They are so funny. The Cinnamon Queens are so noisy! They are the chattiest ones we have ever had.

New reader to your thread here. Wonderful build and so glad your birds seem super happy and productive. There were some hard lessons, and probably not some you could have known ahead of time, just a luck of draw and it ended up in some hardship. This is very inspirational read and I hope to read more updates soon. I love seeing the pictures and the joy the chicken bring is pretty obvious. You have also very good eye for the photography.

Back
Top Bottom