Cheryl's Hen House...

Pics
Sorry to be such a slacker. Apparently it's not possible for me to get email updates for BYC. Didn't realize it had been so long since I checked the thread.
No Prob.
We were talking the last couple days about your aspergillus issues,
sorry to hear all those birds are gone...
...but glad to hear you still have birds and plan to get more. :D

No Prob.
We were talking the last couple days about your aspergillus issues,
sorry to hear all those birds are gone...
...but glad to hear you still have birds and plan to get more. :D

Good morning my friend! So good to talk with you. We are a pretty determined lot around here. WE will restock and go forward hoping that the whole Aspergillus mess is behind us. How are things for you @aart ?

Good morning my friend! So good to talk with you. We are a pretty determined lot around here. WE will restock and go forward hoping that the whole Aspergillus mess is behind us. How are things for you @aart ?
Back at ya, Terry!
Well, you're all set up for integration with your excellent coops and runs.
Will you get tiny chicks or....?

I'm hanging in there, still creeping along, reinjured bad knee so was down for awhile. Lost a couple birds during a cold snap and almost lost a third (long story), but the rest are doing fine. Starting to think about hatching for OE's, tho lost one of my project pullets, with a new incubator. Gotta finish getting thru the winter first.

Back at ya, Terry!
Well, you're all set up for integration with your excellent coops and runs.
Will you get tiny chicks or....?

I'm hanging in there, still creeping along, reinjured bad knee so was down for awhile. Lost a couple birds during a cold snap and almost lost a third (long story), but the rest are doing fine. Starting to think about hatching for OE's, tho lost one of my project pullets, with a new incubator. Gotta finish getting thru the winter first.

Not going to go the tiny chick route. Life is just tooooo crazy for that. We will search out some pullets in a few months.

so sorry for your losses :hugsI was wondering how they were ..
Hows your wife and mother doing?

Thanks. As much as anything we are just glad that the whole Aspergillus mess is finally over...I hope. Cheryl and Mom are both doing well. Thanks for asking. How have you been?

Hi Terry, nice to see an update. Yeah, chicken keeping has its ups and downs. Just this morning there was a ruckus in the yard and I went out to investigate. I found one hen way up in a tree, and another one is missing with no sign of her. I suspect coyote, but hawk is also likely. Of course, it has to be one of the few hens that's been consistently laying this winter.

I'm glad your family is doing well. Hopefully this year's chickens will be successful. I've been quite happy with pullets I've found on Craigslist. I'm kind of picky, so I sift through a lot of ads and pick out the good hens from nice people. You can find some interesting breeds on there sometimes.

Back
Top Bottom