If I start holding my chicks beak in alignment for a time everyday do you think I could possibly stop it from getting worse? It’s not severe right now and she is only about a week or a little bit over a week old. I’m kinda new to raising chicks from such a young age and I’ve been doing research hoping to help her. I’m praying she will be ok and not end up severe
With crossbeaks, it's a skull deformity that supposedly can't be fixed. With my current crossbeak, I did exactly what you are asking about. I don't know if it stopped her beak from getting worse or not. On a hen I had years ago, Marvalo I, that worked for her and fixed it. Because you're new to raising chicks, it might not be something you want to try, though I don't know. Chickens don't like people touching their beak, especially realigning it.

Here is Princess now! I did some psychical therapy on her beak every day for a while, and it never got much worse. She’s doing great! Thanks for the help everyone.
With crossbeaks, it's a skull deformity that supposedly can't be fixed. With my current crossbeak, I did exactly what you are asking about. I don't know if it stopped her beak from getting worse or not. On a hen I had years ago, Marvalo I, that worked for her and fixed it. Because you're new to raising chicks, it might not be something you want to try, though I don't know. Chickens don't like people touching their beak, especially realigning it.
Thanks, I really don’t want to cull her if I have a chance at giving her a normal life or helping her some. I can hold her in my hand and gently realign it for short periods of time but then she gets tired of it. I guess I will keep trying as long as I can and hoping and praying it doesn’t get worse, as of right now she appears to be eating and I have been offering them soaked feed as well as dry sometimes. Any suggestions for helping her would be appreciated!!

Back
Top Bottom