Chick feather loss on wings?

Green Bean Quail

Songster
Nov 13, 2019
Hey all!
Blondie, my youngest chick, has still not grown in feathers in the edges of her wings. When she hatched, She didn’t have a whole lot of feathering along her back or wings, and the back had grown in but the bottom of the wings have not. I’m worried that one of the other chicks were pecking at her, but I’ve never witnessed it and if anything they are rather sweet towards her, often letting her eat/drink first. I’m feeding them about a 24 percent protien, is that too low? None of them seem aggressive or angry, or even unhealthy. What to do? Here are pics
B63A9FC2-DE00-4710-A0A1-8A27CB2BBB36.jpeg

she grooms herself and will ruffle the feathers but isn’t picking. What is this?

Attachments

• EBBA01D7-CF1E-407A-94C6-D44748A1755C.jpeg
    EBBA01D7-CF1E-407A-94C6-D44748A1755C.jpeg
    291.7 KB · Views: 10
We had a rooster we called the ugly duckling because part of his feathers were very late (3-4 months) growing in. He did eventually fill out. Your chick looks good to me but I’m not a dr.

Are her eyes red? From your description of the lack of feathering, I'm wondering if she is a fallow.
That would have been amazing! Sadly, no, the real culprit was I mistook her pin feathers for bone exposed/feather loss (she had white pins whereas all my others had black) and because this batch of quails is maturing far more quickly than others I've seen (mine are pinning at 3 days old!) I panicked. Thanks anyways!

Back
Top Bottom