chick having trouble pooping, please help!!!

UpstateMamma

In the Brooder
May 25, 2017
I have a 2 week old RIR. She is having a hard time pooping, she squawks and makes noise while going, you can see her struggling to push it out. The poo seems to stick out for a second before dropping off. She doesn't have pasty butt, but a bit of poo residue chalks up below her vent. About once a day she will have a "normal" poo that doesn't seem to cause her distress. She is smaller than my other chicks even though they hatched at the same time. I have tried to give her yogurt, but she wants nothing to do with it. Other than the difficulty pooping she seems to be fine, eats, drinks, is active. I am a newbie, and I am worried. Please if anyone knows what I can do for her or give her to help let me know. Thank you!!!

Add molasses to water or a bit of sugar..Or nutri drench is best and molasses based. Careful with sugar and molasses as can cause diarrhea as with any laxitive type treatment...Make sure to clean off any poo on its behind. The nutri drench has added vitamins and minerals and is best if you have available.

Back
Top Bottom