Chick math got me like šŸ„“ Chicken Drama got me like šŸ¤Ŗ

And donā€™t forget to close the house door or they turn into mini explorers and jump in behind you. Before you know it there is poop in the kitchen and a hen on the sofa.
LOL, this but I have a smarty cat that knows how to open doors and lets my chickens in the house! I have had to resort to locking doors.

I have a funny one for yā€™all. I have a few silkies and one pullet had just developed a big crest.Her feet feathers were growing out longer from when she was in the wire bottom grow out pen. Clumsy me accidentally stepped on her one and only foot feather that wasnā€™t shortened. The crazy girl didnā€™t realize she had that feather until I stepped on it and it ā€œhurtā€. She was running around spooking at her foot feather that was chasing and trying to eat her. She would look at it, jump two feet up in the air and take off running sideways bumping into other birds and running into things try to escape this monster that was latched on to her foot. I tried calming her down and placing her back on the floor but as soon as she saw the feather she was being attacked. I cut the beautiful feather back to the length of the others and she was completely normal acting. Poor girl can see forward but not from other angles because of her luxurious beard, I guess thatā€™s why she hadnā€™t noticed the feather until it went ouch.

Back
Top Bottom