chick pics at 23 days old

wren

Crowing
13 Years
May 27, 2007
St Augustine, FL
Here are my chicks-I tried to feature the Buckeyes as someone was interested in them. (They are the ones with yellow heads and redish body). Enjoy!
big_smile.png

They seem brave, my G.Lakenvelder chicks are more careful.
IMG_0537.jpg

stratching for millet
IMG_0521_edited-1.jpg

Three fuzzy banditos.
IMG_0520_edited.jpg

This pic show their feather pattern & color well-it will be interesting to see how they develop.
IMG_0519_edited.jpg

S.Sussex on the right, E.E. on the right.
IMG_0515_edited.jpg

Wren, thanks for posting the pics of the buckeyes. How neat are they?? I have never seen them before and love those markings. I can't wait to see their progress. Keep us updated with pics.
love.gif

I don't know what the roo's sound like, I ordered these. Dragon's roar huh?
ep.gif
I can't wait to hear that! It's a lot to ask from such a little bird. I will say that out of the dozen or so breeds I've had, I have heard one noise from them that was new to me. One of the chicks would stand still, stretch and say, "Cheat choo cheat choo cheep!" then poo.
gig.gif
Maybe baby dragons do this? I would love to know more about this breed. I learned about them at the ALBC check out the threatened breeds of cattle, horses, poultry, sheep and see an adult buckeye roo at http://albc-usa.org/cpl/buckeye.html

Ozark
hen thanks for your interest! How about I post again in one month or so, I'll let you know. BTW If you come to Iowa I might have a pair with your name on them!

Last edited:
wanted to say thanks before I went to that site of yours to check out the buckeye roo. thanks that is sooo sweet of you.
hugs.gif

wow impressive birds!!!

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom