chick pics at 23 days old

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by wren, Jun 27, 2007.

1. wren

wren Chillin' With My Peeps

May 27, 2007
    St Augustine, FL
    Here are my chicks-I tried to feature the Buckeyes as someone was interested in them. (They are the ones with yellow heads and redish body). Enjoy![​IMG]

They seem brave, my G.Lakenvelder chicks are more careful.
    [​IMG]
    stratching for millet
    [​IMG]
    Three fuzzy banditos.
    [​IMG]
    This pic show their feather pattern & color well-it will be interesting to see how they develop.
    [​IMG]
    S.Sussex on the right, E.E. on the right.
    [​IMG]

2. ozark hen

ozark hen Living My Dream

Apr 4, 2007
    Mansfield, MO
    Wren, thanks for posting the pics of the buckeyes. How neat are they?? I have never seen them before and love those markings. I can't wait to see their progress. Keep us updated with pics. [​IMG]

3. thechickenfarmer

thechickenfarmer Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 11, 2007
    Connecticut
    Cute! I read somewhere that the rooster crow is like a dragon roar! Is that true? [​IMG]

4. wren

wren Chillin' With My Peeps

May 27, 2007
    St Augustine, FL
    I don't know what the roo's sound like, I ordered these. Dragon's roar huh?[​IMG] I can't wait to hear that! It's a lot to ask from such a little bird. I will say that out of the dozen or so breeds I've had, I have heard one noise from them that was new to me. One of the chicks would stand still, stretch and say, "Cheat choo cheat choo cheep!" then poo. [​IMG] Maybe baby dragons do this? I would love to know more about this breed. I learned about them at the ALBC check out the threatened breeds of cattle, horses, poultry, sheep and see an adult buckeye roo at http://albc-usa.org/cpl/buckeye.html

Ozark
    hen thanks for your interest! How about I post again in one month or so, I'll let you know. BTW If you come to Iowa I might have a pair with your name on them!

Last edited: Jun 28, 2007
  5. ozark hen

ozark hen Living My Dream

Apr 4, 2007
    Mansfield, MO
    wanted to say thanks before I went to that site of yours to check out the buckeye roo. thanks that is sooo sweet of you. [​IMG]
    wow impressive birds!!!

Last edited: Jun 28, 2007
  6. sarahloveschickens

sarahloveschickens Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 26, 2008
    Poconos, PA
    what kind of breed of chicken are the brown colored ones? I have ones similar to those, but I dont know the breed.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by