Chick that cant stand

missy1223

Hatching
6 Years
May 27, 2013
Hi, I have owned chickens in the past but recently had a critter get into my flock and wipe it out. So after beefing up my pen I bought new chickens this weekend (Sat). I bought 2 grown Cinnamon Queens and a Rhode Island Red rooster along with these I bought some younger chickens that I am guessing aroung 2 months old they are fully feathered and seem to do well with the grown chickens so I put them together. Well I went out earlier and one of the young ones was not able to stand. I have since removed her and put her in a pen alone. I am not sure if the rooster got her or if something else is wrong. She has no visable injury. However, when my daughter held her she freaked and tried to fly away. When I pick her up she just tries to sleep. Any insight? I am still learning and would love for this little gal to make it. She is an Easter Egger and I only bought 2 of them.

Thanks
Missy

She didnt make it.. Before she died she lost all balance and just laid to the side and twisted her head. I am watching my other birds because I am not sure what happened. Are their any precautions I should take with my other birds? I am a little worried she may have had something. Any clues? I know I dont know anything. Thanks for your help

She seemed to not be able to balance it was wierd. I tried to stand her up but she would just fall to the side she would flap her wings trying to balance. Then she began turning her neck. Thank u so much.

Back
Top Bottom