Chicken Breed Focus - Ayam Cemani

IMG_0429.JPG
I have 2 that are 10-11 weeks and they are very alert and curious( as most chickens are) they really are a sight to see. They do not seem to be bothered by my kids or the dogs. I am excited to see how they grow!

Nice birds :) They are both cockerels, if you were wondering.

Not a doubt in my mind. When we got them one was suppose to be a pullut but as you can tell it's not My husband is still holding onto the hope is. I on the other hand am planning for to get more. We need hens too

Just thought I'd post here to get the opinion of Ayam owners, but 2 all black chickens came to be surrendered to our humble grandfathered in farm. I've taken in nice birds before, silkie, polish, beautiful specimens of Andalusia, so on... But I have something special here, I knew from reading up on breeds trying to identify my own and always seeing the rare "black chicken".

Doing some reading and asking a within in the breeding page, I learned they are desired solid black but not truly always black, in fact, lowering their survival oods possibly?, and i believe the farmer was told the offers could not keep the chickens - there is a rooster ordinance and our grandfathered status makes as a hotspot of people who didn't know or had oops roosters.. But anyway. I wondered if they wanted a solid black maybe? The hen (pullet? Is he a roo?) Is solid black though.

Is it likely I have ayams or should I look at the other black chicken breeds more closely?

Attachments

• 20180829_071510.jpg
    20180829_071510.jpg
    253.7 KB · Views: 13
  • 20180829_071259.jpg
    20180829_071259.jpg
    271.4 KB · Views: 14
  • 20180829_071210.jpg
    20180829_071210.jpg
    290.1 KB · Views: 14
  • 20180829_071602.jpg
    20180829_071602.jpg
    273 KB · Views: 14
  • 20180829_071306.jpg
    20180829_071306.jpg
    265.5 KB · Views: 14
  • 20180829_071708.jpg
    20180829_071708.jpg
    252 KB · Views: 15
Just thought I'd post here to get the opinion of Ayam owners, but 2 all black chickens came to be surrendered to our humble grandfathered in farm. I've taken in nice birds before, silkie, polish, beautiful specimens of Andalusia, so on... But I have something special here, I knew from reading up on breeds trying to identify my own and always seeing the rare "black chicken".

Doing some reading and asking a within in the breeding page, I learned they are desired solid black but not truly always black, in fact, lowering their survival oods possibly?, and i believe the farmer was told the offers could not keep the chickens - there is a rooster ordinance and our grandfathered status makes as a hotspot of people who didn't know or had oops roosters.. But anyway. I wondered if they wanted a solid black maybe? The hen (pullet? Is he a roo?) Is solid black though.

Is it likely I have ayams or should I look at the other black chicken breeds more closely?

I don't why that posted 3 times. But I didn't selected the right pictures either.... always look better in the thumbnail

Attachments

• 20180829_071342.jpg
    20180829_071342.jpg
    273.4 KB · Views: 13

I follow a few hobby breeder and I have seen them post about a Ayam Cemani chick hatching out completely white. Sageacres farms I believe.

Back
Top Bottom