Chicken Breed Focus - Campine

Quote:
He was so gentle with them when he was butchering. He clearly loves his birds -- sitting there with one in his lap stroking it. Thank you so much for the link. It really demonstrates the difference from Campines.

hm, don't know, there are about 80 years or more of seperation between the two breeds. I think it was just some sort of sport.

By the way, today we had our Campineclass. In an actual class room. Everyone paying attention?

Has anyone heard about mahony as a type of golden?
An Italian Campinist just told me that these roosters have a mahony factor making the gold deeper. More brown.

My babies at 3 weeks (well, all but one of them -- I can't figure out who I missed) They are losing feathers and look pretty rough.. Comments?

Pretty sure this one is female.

What do you all think? This is a really small (compared to the others) chick.

I think this one (with the green leg tag) was crowing this morning (before I got the legband on them. Next time I'll be sure.

Girl?

Girl?

Pretty sure this is male:

I didn't get a good shot of this one.

Another male -- pretty sure.

My babies at 3 weeks (well, all but one of them -- I can't figure out who I missed) They are losing feathers and look pretty rough.. Comments?

Pretty sure this one is female. I can't see the comb, bu bet you are right...pullet.

What do you all think? This is a really small (compared to the others) chick. Hmmmm....it may have an issue, just watch it.

This is looking like a cockerel to me.....

I think this one (with the green leg tag) was crowing this morning (before I got the legband on them. Next time I'll be sure. Crowing would be a sure sign, but I'm thinking pullet.

Pullet

Girl? I can't see the comb... maybe.

Girl? Cockerel? Could be either.

Pretty sure this is male: Agreed, cockerel.

I didn't get a good shot of this one. Yeah, Can't tell much here but if I had to guess...pullet.

Another male -- pretty sure. IDK, I'm thinking these last three are pullets

Hang in there, Sharol, in another two weeks, you will likely know for sure! Be patient!
lau.gif

Hang in there, Sharol, in another two weeks, you will likely know for sure! Be patient!
lau.gif
Thanks for the input. I'll keep watching. I put the legbands on today when the chick crowed and I couldn't catch it to band it. Now when he crows (and he will tomorrow morning -- he went on for an hour today), I'll note the color and we are good.

You know me too well for someone I only know on the list. I have the patience of a lighted fuze.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom