Chicken breeders or Folks in South Africa?

Pics
Thurs 11th at 2.30 am yep they had shooters but wasn't as bad as the last time when they tied up evryone and shot at Xara but my boys got them that time too there was a whole load of broken tvs laptops and computers screens in the drive. Now got everything they make for protection... but best proctection are my boys...lol

Loadshedding stage 5: They come to your house and blow out your candles
ep.gif

I have the new for me incubator on from yesterday and 10 min after everything is on and going well- "Hello darkness my old friend....
duc.gif
"

I do not know how it will go with this incubating - I will probably move it to any broody hen as they appear.

Next week of to the SASPO Nationals in Bredasdorp!!
3054 entries!! Going to be very, very exciting

OMG

I took Xara to the vet today because her eye was so red and sore - it has been for a week and have been putting drops in and not working, Vet said she had blunt force trauma to the face we think it was the bad guys who hit her with a pickaxe the cops found. i swear if I could find those whatever I will shred them and hang them out to dry. Xara is ok but lying on the spare room bed passed out - with all the meds.

I feel so bad I just thought it was a cold -luckily their heads are rock solid. Have to take her back on Friday for them to see if there is any lasting damage. Anyone who comes near MY land again is going to be very very sorry...

STAY SAFE AND PUT SENSORS ON

Africa is deff not for sisies
Not a truer word was said. Oh I've got the lot, even planted molotov cocktails against the fence to chuck IF they get away. But a bit dangerous to do now might set the veld alight, which would really spoot me!! lol

Its not so bad just have to keep eye and ears open all the time - have a wonderful day not so cold today..

@Colin Fow and @ Carin, I was thinking of your incubator don't know exactly where you are, but with the unpredictability of load shedding could you not buy a 'jenny; but a gas one not a diesel one. They are expensive but don't need the maintenance and don't smell and not noisy and you don't have to build a cover for them and they are reliabale.. I got a small one for my Koi pond because my fish were dying it was off for such log periods and they starved of oxygen and Koi are a bit of hard work. I was so peed off I refused to lose any more 'cause of blooody Eskcom.

Just a thought lol

Also there is a pet shop near me they may have quail they have almost everything.. I could ask for you..lol

Last edited:
Never heard of a gas jenny, but they sound amazing! Are they expensive? Where do you get them? At my boyfriends house on the mountain, you get no water when the power is out because its pumped, which is also a nightmare.. Your poor koi, that is so upsetting!! How is mini Molly? And how id Xara's eye?

Last edited:
@Colin Fow and @ Carin, I was thinking of your incubator don't know exactly where you are, but with the unpredictability of load shedding could you not buy a 'jenny; but a gas one not a diesel one. They are expensive but don't need the maintenance and don't smell and not noisy and you don't have to build a cover for them and they are reliabale.. I got a small one for my Koi pond because my fish were dying it was off for such log periods and they starved of oxygen and Koi are a bit of hard work. I was so peed off I refused to lose any more 'cause of blooody Eskcom.

Just a thought lol

Also there is a pet shop near me they may have quail they have almost everything.. I could ask for you..lol

Hi @whoop whoop , not to sure yet how things will go with the load shedding , sure hatch say that their incubators hold in heat for up to 6 hours , so to be honest it will be a thing about give it a try and see how it goes , if it doesn't go too well I might just wait till summer till it is warmer, I am in 2 places at once lol , our farm is in the limpopo close to modimolle (nylstroom) and i work mon-fri in randburg but live in boksburg , lol so i am all over thge place lol, I want to start some quail up in the spring/summer.

Back
Top Bottom