Chicken breeders or Folks in South Africa?

Pics
Hi @whoop whoop , not to sure yet how things will go with the load shedding , sure hatch say that their incubators hold in heat for up to 6 hours , so to be honest it will be a thing about give it a try and see how it goes , if it doesn't go too well I might just wait till summer till it is warmer, I am in 2 places at once lol , our farm is in the limpopo close to modimolle (nylstroom) and i work mon-fri in randburg but live in boksburg , lol so i am all over thge place lol, I want to start some quail up in the spring/summer.
@Colin Fow oh my word you are all over the place - if your are in Randburg check out The pet shop attached to the garden Centre in Cramerview they often have Quail. or birds for Africa at the Leaping Frog Centre in Fourways they also have lots of different birds. Hope you come right
smile.png

@hedz82 yes rather expensive lol around 42,000 from Bundu Power not ideal for Hedz's lol but maybe you can get a small diesel one at least you could get water. Mini Molly fine staying in nest at the moment, I think she must have fallen out the other day because she has not been out since. Henry is so happy he can sleep with his gal again lol Xara's eye is not so red but head is still sore, she is going tomorrow so will have to see what vet says, probably another shot.

Honestly our area is being targetted at the mo alarms going off right left and centre very disconcerting but we have had no further action - just when I am all prepared too - I think its because we have so much open veld its difficult to partrol although our armed reponse is brilliant, so feeling quite safe, just wish it was warmer
smile.png

Have a great day and keep safe out there

Oh dear it sounds like I'm implying you can't afford it, what I mean is that for a normal house its probably too big sorry
smile.png

Last edited:
haha no worries, yeah, 42 grand is a bit rough, but I totally see you need to keep your fishies safe! hope Xara's eye is ok. I 'm getting another dog today!! So exciting! Another rescue, he is sweet like a lamb but looks like a brown rotti. My Wallace is going to be so happy to have a friend! And he's had a chicken-test at the rescue center (they have chickens too) and doesnt seem to care about them at all. No prey-drive. So very safe. Will supervise them together at all times initially though. And I am thinking of taking the boys for training together, that would be so much fun!

Last edited:
Hey whoop whoop, I was telling my boyfriend of how hilarious it was when I genuinely thought you had a "bear statue" in your garden until I realized that was a dog!
lol.png
I mean why would anyone have a bear statue in their garden? How random.. Then I looked at your other doggie pics, they still look like bears there too though. Very cute. But as they are at the gate and you said they were targeting your area, I just thought be careful they don't poison your woofs. Do they sleep inside? Another chicken lady in Vanderbijlpark I was talking to a little while ago had one of her dogs poisoned. I always keep my dogs away from the fence by the street, so no one can throw anything poisoned over the fence for them. Probably rather anal in my situation but they are my children.. I ve been hearing about it in the media too.

@hedz82 Yes I know that is a problem, but don't want to boast but have trained them not to eat food other than from me or Mike and they are generally quite good, they won't take treats from the vet lady even though their mouths water, its quite funny to see. I am afraid that not only do they sleep inside but on my bed!!! and often wake in the night and look at Zenks and think my god my hubby has changed!!! My woofs infact all my animals are my kids more fun than the real ones lol I keep on hand lots of charcoal just in case if you shove as much as you can down the dogs if you think they have been poisioned it keeps them going till you get to the vet.

My neighbour had an incident last year his German Shepherds were poisioned and we managed to save them just. Absolute b******** I wish I could get hold of them and poison them but heyho life goes on

Have a good day and good luck with new baby can you give us a pic, love rescue dogs they are always so grateful and make special pets.
Hey whoop whoop, I was telling my boyfriend of how hilarious it was when I genuinely thought you had a "bear statue" in your garden until I realized that was a dog!
lol.png
I mean why would anyone have a bear statue in their garden? How random.. Then I looked at your other doggie pics, they still look like bears there too though. Very cute. But as they are at the gate and you said they were targeting your area, I just thought be careful they don't poison your woofs. Do they sleep inside? Another chicken lady in Vanderbijlpark I was talking to a little while ago had one of her dogs poisoned. I always keep my dogs away from the fence by the street, so no one can throw anything poisoned over the fence for them. Probably rather anal in my situation but they are my children.. I ve been hearing about it in the media too.

Haha that's great! you must have really big bed! And I thought I was sacrificing space on the bed with the chooks sleeping on there! I'll send some pics when I get proper ones. Can't post the ones from my phone. Bun just chased the new doggie out the door. She is so brilliant!

BTW I also want a pet ostrich..

Last edited:
Crikey Hedz what you gonna do with an ostrich lol they are huge.. how sweet do the chooks really sleep on the bed that is wonderful - do you find they want to peck your eyes? Flower was always doing that.
smile.png

Can't wait for photos of new woofie..

Chat later off to give Mini Molly some yogurt she/he loves it.

Nice probiotics, my chooks always get tiny bits of it too. They used to try to peck my eyes a few times when I first got them, but you give them a little shove and shout at them and they stop doing it. They learn very quickly. I ve trained them to come to their name and to jump on and off the couch on command.. very cute!

Back
Top Bottom