Chicken Breeding App

My questions are a little different.

#1 what license is this software being released under? Proprietary? GPL? BSD?

#2 I'm also curious what language? I'm assuming Java or JavaScript? Possibly an html GUI?

Sorry if it's none of my business. ;)

Oh, that's fine. :) I was going to release it under GPL.
And I am using JavaScript for the language
Thanks. Sounds great! I'm a big open-source fan, my software is usually released under the GNU GPL as well. I use c/c++ but from what I've seen, java is very similar.

I look forward to seeing some source code.:thumbsup

Is there going to be something different about the summer fun chickens,like living forever because there unique and different from other chickens,and will the first ones have something different about them that there offspring don't have?

Well, to start with, the original Summer Funs are immortal, but their offspring are not. Offspring of the original Summer Funs will live for 26 weeks, instead of 20 for all other breeds. However, crossing an original, or one of the offspring with another breed will result in a chicken with a normal lifespan. All Summer Funs may hatch up to 5 chicks at one time, instead of the 3 that other breeds may hatch.

Last edited:
Well, to start with, the original Summer Funs are immortal, but their offspring are not. Offspring of the original Summer Funs will live for 26 weeks, instead of 20 for all other breeds. However, crossing an original, or one of the offspring with another breed will result in a chicken with a normal lifespan. All Summer Funs may hatch up to 5 chicks at one time, instead of the 3 that other breeds may hatch.
I'm not sure if these questions have been answered, but is there a random hatch rate, and gender ratio? Can birds become sick and die, or chicks die of different causes?

:):wee:celebrate

I'm not sure if these questions have been answered, but is there a random hatch rate, and gender ratio? Can birds become sick and die, or chicks die of different causes?
Yes, the hatch rate is random, the gender ratio is 40% pullets, 60% cockeral. And any chicken or chick could become sick or die, except for the original Summer Funs, they may fall ill, but will never die. Chicks may die in different ways, and a sick chicken may not compete in shows, or be sold as a pet.

For the sake of simplicity I am just going to add one stat that covers the whole chicken. For example, a breed quality for a chicken from the foundation stock will have Stat 34. Breed that to another Stat 34, you will get a Stat 37. I am also going to add the "Champion Quality", and the "Cull Quality. The Champion Quality occurs when someone breeds a bird that has Stat 200-400. The Cull Quality occurs when someone breeds a bird that has Stat 0-9. Here is a list of the qualities: Stat 0-9 = Cull Quality, Stat 10-24 = Pet Quality, Stat 25-75 = Breed Quality, Stat 76-199 = Show Quality, Stat 200-400 = Champion Quality. Stat 400 is the maximum highest stat a bird may have. Have a great tomorrow and God Bless! :D ;)
When you're breeding do you only get chicks that have higher stats than the parents?

That is true for chickens that are not inbred, or there is not a huge gap in stat differences between parents. An inbred chick will have lowered stats instead of raised. And let's say someone put a rooster for stud with stat 500, and someone bred that to their hen with stat 0, the chick would have stat 250. When there are huge gaps in stat, the chicks will have stats somewhere in the middle of the two parents

Back
Top Bottom